DJ's in clubs : Swingers Discussion 47315
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDJ's in clubs
TOPIC: DJ's in clubs
Created by: ObladiOblada The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
Well I guess I will throw in my 2 cents on this one. As far as Club DJs Go I am fermiliar with 2 different Clubs. The one The DJs Where not that good. Kinda a Bad mix of Music. The Other Club I go to and have been for Years now. The DJ Knows his stuff very well. He plays the right music at the right time. Its a Great Mix of Tunes. And he knows how to work the Crowd. He knows his Music and How to read the Crowd and The Club is always Jumping. So I guess it Depends on Indavidual Music Taste and If the DJ is Good at reading the Crowd?

Clark NJ

Username hidden
(126 posts)
Obladi- that DJ is history, according to the M & G thread. You're right, he didn't cater to the majority(the money spenders).

Honolulu HI

Username hidden
(1488 posts)
Slow songs don't make people thirsty..... The faster more intense people dance the more they drink, the more $$$ the bar makes..

JMO

Elmer NJ

Username hidden
(3110 posts)
We feel the opposite! We enjoy dancing to techno and electronic music, and most of the clubs we've gone to play Radio music (top 40, hip-hop from the radio, etc.). Why go to a club to dance when you can stay at home and hear the same music while dancing in your living room? Makes no sense to us. We don't mind the occasional remix or 80's song, but enjoy it more when it's a "rare find" rather than something you hear all the time

Now the volume thing! Yes, sometimes the music is too loud to have conversations, and that's annoying.

I was a DJ in college and YES it is important to read the crowd. If your job is to get people on the dance floor, you need to look at the crowd and base music on that. Some DJ's stick to one or two types of music, however, and don't get into a well-rounded collection, unfortunately. For example, for a crowd in their early 20s, a lot of rap might be appropriate, along with some electronic stuff. For a crowd in their 30s, more 80s and dance pop, etc. Everyone's wearing cowboy hats? Sorry, I'm in the wrong bar! lol.

Seriously, If you are setting up a m&g in a club, the sponsor should either provide the owner and/or dj with a suggestion list of types of music or ask if it's ok for participants to bring their own CDs for play. Oh-- and keep in mind that once a club has your money, most times as long as you stay and keep drinking, whatever, they've done their job as far as they are concerned!!

Austin TX

Username hidden
(544 posts)
We used to go to M&Gs every couple of months in our area. We stopped, because the music was so loud that you had to scream to be heard even when dancing a slow dance with someone.

Speaking of which, the DJ always played 95% fast dance music. There would be 3 or 4 couples dancing. Then at last along came a slow dance tune and the dance floor filled up.

Seems to me at M&Gs, most people prefer to dance up close as an excellent "getting to know you" method. And it works especially well when you can carry on a conversation in low tones without having to scream into someone's ear to be heard.

We, too, quit going to M&Gs because the music made it impossible to either MEET or GREET anyone.

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I would suggest telling the owners to let the DJ know that the members of the club will be bringing their favorite CDs for him/her to play and that he should play those most of the night, even if it means repeating a song three or four times. Yes, DJs have big egos, but they are there to get paid. If they are told upfront that they have to play the music you want to hear, they will either play that music or they will leave, and the owners will find someone who will.

Lansing MI

Username hidden
(145 posts)
it seems that the dj never can tell what kind of crowd he has, A crowd that wants motown gets hiphop or techno. They just can't figure out their crowd

Sarasota FL

Username hidden
(2069 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: DJ's in clubs