Compassion : Swingers Discussion 2204151011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumCompassion
TOPIC: Compassion
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 18 of 18 
User Details are only visible to members.
SA I see your compassion especially with the work you do for others, the benefits you host and plan, etc. I think what "derails" compassion is when we see the other side of it blasted in our faces all the time. The ones begging at the intersections here in SA, do I feel compassion for them? No. I really don't. I've seen the scams and have been scammed here and there and it makes me, not cynical exactly, but realistic.

Why did I show compassion to the abused tattoo artist? I think it's b/c it's one story at a time. One person at a time. Sincerity. Serendipity. Something unexpectedly linking us together for some cosmic reason. She sort of knocked me for a loop. I was in that place, in that time, for a reason.

I think when it happens like that, the compassion can't help but come out. It's when we get jaded, and as a society SO MANY THINGS happen to jade us, that we just need some little boost, or a person enters your life unexpectedly, or an experience happens seemingly "from nowhere" that stirs your heart and reminds you that you have one.

You have to be open for those experiences.

In a world of disconnect, for me, that spark of human touch, or humanity, is enough to remind myself that I care.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
I say 14 replies until a derail is pretty long.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
Didn't take too long to derail..

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8050 posts)
Hey guys, sorry to have abandoned my own post.

The reason I posted this was due to an overload of media (daily surge of bad news) and the timing of the Boston event, just got to me.

I'm personally, quite slowly (work in progress) dealing with my own demons from my past and present. Years ago I came from a family that showed very little compassion. A few years later, I'm active duty military and experiencing compassion from total strangers that soon, became my lifeblood and new family.

My first tour of violence (Gulf 1) unleashed a beast that showed very little compassion. The next few years of engagements with people that would have enjoyed seeing me strung up from a pole, took all of my compassion and suppressed it into total darkness.

A few events out in the badlands brought it back, but also unleashed a side of me that I can't even begin to explain. The day my compassion resurfaced, was the day I came home from the badlands and witnessed the birth of my daughter. I think that event alone saved me and put me back on track.

Jump forward to present day and I can't even identify who I was all those years ago. I have even allowed my eyes to tear up watching a good movie, give comfort to others in their time of need. I'm actually able to be happy for others and their good news, just because I can. There's more to this than I'll ever be able to write, so I'll just stop now before I rant.. :-)

Basically, my rage is under control and the level of compassion I show now, kinda takes my breath away at times.. I think I like it and hope others draw something positive from it that know the details of my past..

More later should I get my thoughts together..

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8050 posts)
I have far too much compassion. While some might find that to be hard to believe, I am often deeply affected by the misery I see others endure.

I read a news story about someone who has been horribly mistreated or abused - I get extremely upset and angry - appalled at the idea that I am even the same species as the people who did this. I see a car accident and my heart aches at the idea that anyone might have been seriously hurt. The suffering and pain of others is so ubiquitous that I find it difficult to shut off.

I have told the story before on here of the wife and child I saw watching their husband/father dying on a sidewalk. The look of utter despair on their faces scarred me terribly.

I do not think this world lacks compassion. I think that because of the media bombardment of suffering we face every day, we are saturated with it, and our capacity to express it is simply expended. We do not have the emotion resources to empathize with every sad soul on the planet. It's terrible, but it's true.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
The human race is probably more compassionate now than it has ever been. What are you gauging this by?

With current technology, news can travel around the world instantly and the media reports what sells and gets people's attention, so the news (and the internet) can be misleading.

Someone helps an elderly lady through a door and no one hears about it. Someone pulls out a gun and shoots an elderly lady because she was taking to long going through a door and it is blasted all over the news and internet.

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina
Username hidden
(467 posts)
Just taking stock of my past, present and future..

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8050 posts)
What happened to it, where did we go wrong and how do we get it back for future generations?

Thoughts?

Ideas?

How do you stay secure in your compassion for others?

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8050 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 18 of 18 
TOPIC: Compassion