Change, just another word with little meaning : Swingers Discussion 2198341011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumChange, just another word with little meaning
TOPIC: Change, just another word with little meaning
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 24   End
User Details are only visible to members.
On it, they specifically state this:

"parents and their children sponsor the "White Prom", our school decided to exclude themselves, for reasons not up for discussion."

If I were the school administrator, I'd exclude myself from it too.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19166 posts)
They have a facebook page: facebook.co m/IntegratedProm2013

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
The school should sponsor and advertise a dance welcoming any student that wishes to attend. Students that want to end the horse shit should sign up to help plan it and make it happen. When students that do not support the segregation BS have a better option, they won't feel obliged to either attend the segregated one or not have one to attend, neither of which are good options. When the school simply stands on the sidelines wringing their proverbial hands and saying its wrong but not offering another option, they are tacitly complicit to some degree. I think if they do something, the segregated dances will dissappear within a short time, as their attendees will drop drastically in numbers.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10703 posts)
Agreed.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19166 posts)
There is also the question of whether the school condones and advertises the private segregated prom and homecoming dances or parties. Are school materials used to copy flyers that are posted? Are announcements made over the P.A. to remind kids to sign up? People have the right to say what they will, but if the institution is supporting segregation, then that should be addressed.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8829 posts)
Well then if this is true then it sounds like the original article was a little misleading. The school does not hold an "integrated prom", OK true, but it doesn't hold a segregated one either. It's just as accurate to state that I don't hold an integrated bingo tournament at my house.

The bit about police leading the "wrong" people away from the whites-only prom makes this even worse - it's meant to make it sound like the cops come and haul away non-whites from the school prom, but it's really removing trespassers crashing a private party they weren't invited to.

I'm certainly not condoning the students/parents practice of setting up their own whites-only prom, but the school can't do shit about it.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19166 posts)
That's the way I read it, too, VA. It sounds like the student body, and likely parents of students rather than administration, are the ones trying to enforce segregation. This looks like the girls have implied support from their school, but I wonder what will happen when the rubber hits the road. Hopefully the administrators won't back away from allowing the non-segregated dance to take place, even in the face of pressure from the community. It's one of those times when they need to stand up and be counted on the right side of racial equality.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8829 posts)
"" Neither proms are financed by or allowed to take place at Wilcox County High School. The students said that when they pushed for one prom, the school offered a resolution to permit an integrated prom that would allow all students to attend but not stop segregated proms." "

Am I to understand that the students themselves are the ones organizing segregated proms and the school has nothing to do with it, and the school offered to host an 'everyone welcome' but nobody is interested?

The school has no power to stop a private party of any kind that is not financed or organized by the school.

Am I misreading this?

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19166 posts)
" Neither proms are financed by or allowed to take place at Wilcox County High School. The students said that when they pushed for one prom, the school offered a resolution to permit an integrated prom that would allow all students to attend but not stop segregated proms."

Most puzzling. The school can't hold the current "racist" prom, presumably because it's illegal to institutionalize racism.

But they also will not host the integrated prom.

If the racist prom is a private affair, then the racist kids could still go to "their" prom. Why should anyone mind if the school should host an integrated prom?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
the thing that gets me is the fact that the cops turn the kids away.why are cops turning anybody way if they went to that school.the school board,princple,and cops should be brought up on charges for allowing this to happen.I thought cops were suppose to enforce the law,not help cover up unlawfull acts.but then again it sounds normal..............bs

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 24   End
TOPIC: Change, just another word with little meaning