Certs Their Proper Use : Swingers Discussion 208188
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumCerts Their Proper Use
TOPIC: Certs Their Proper Use
Created by: PittCouple412
Original Starting post for this thread:
We have often used certs as a way of finding couples we might be compatible with. Example: We're friends with "Couple A" and see they certed "Couple B," so we introduce ourselves to Couple B. Or the opposite: We see a new profile and then notice a couple we know has certed them and send an email to the new profile.

This scenario happened to us recently and we'd like everyone's opinion on whether we used bad judgement or if the other couple(s) are just acting goofy. :)

About a month ago we saw a new profile close to where we live that interested us, so we said hello, did some chatting and email exchange and swapped private photos. A couple weeks after we began chatting with them, we noted that a couple we know (and that we had exchanged mutual certs with) had certed this new couple. So in our next conversation we mentioned to this new couple simply that, "hey, i see you know "x" (we used their profile name, not their real names)...they're a really nice couple."

Flash forward to this week and that "really nice couple" sent us a "really nasty" email about how we somehow violated their anonimity by mentioning we knew them to this new couple...even though they're the ones that sent in the cert and the new couple (who also blame us...although I think that's because they're new and don't understand what's public and not public on the site yet) blames us too. We just can't figure out what "violation" occurred here - is it bad form to mention to another couple that you know and like (well, I guess "liked" is the operative word now) a couple that's certed them? Especially when you're not passing on anything personal you know about them...just the fact that you know them?

We've been members for several years now and there have been plenty of occassions where others have contacted us because of certs we have posted. Is it really bad form for two couples to mention a third couple that you both like and has certed you both?

Discuss! :)

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We avoid certs for precisely this reason. I'm sure it means some people don't think we're real and it costs us a little, but we've had people who get upset by this sort of thing.

I'm not saying it makes sense, but it happens. We have a few trusted couples that we can freely share notes with about others. Mostly, we only share notes when it comes to crazy people.

We had two different couples in one day ask us if we knew someone. We're like yes - those people are fucking nuts. They were going around telling everyone that we were their trophies or something. We never even played with them - we had met them at a party, they acted bizarre, and we stayed away from them, although we're polite if we see them, for the sake of just trying to remain cordial.

Columbia SC
Username hidden
(19121 posts)
IF Pitt's experience is EXACTLY as (s)he described (including the extra info that was coaxed out ... the, "I'm sure they'll say the same thing about us." part), then the reaction of the "new" and the "old" couple sound very strange. But, if this situation is just as Pitt described it, I think the Pitts are better off finding the weirdness out now, rather than spending any time at all with the "new" couple or wasting any MORE time with the "old" couple.

However, there almost HAS to be something else going on here. This story is just too ???!!

I would expect a situation like this, "Hey, I see you know (ScreenID) Jane&John4You!," migrating nicely into a 3-couple puppy pile, instead of a giant cluster-fuck, such as Pitt described.

"One side of the story alert," is RIGHT. :-/

The whole purpose of certifications, in my opinion, is to facilitate the networking of swingers in finding other swingers and to feel safe with them, based on some level of common ground (the "Hey, we both know so-and-so!!" "Yeah, let's meet to see if we click!" -thing).

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
How?

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(7985 posts)
Maybe someone can translate it?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
He is eminently certifiable.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10789 posts)
Weird is an understatement.

Whitehouse Station NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
* There are several kinds of people on here that are looking to meet others and those are the real people I want to meet.*

This part was weird!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
I'd love to hear the version of this story from the other two couples.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
No doubt.

Whitehouse Station NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
No problem here, Akron.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8816 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
TOPIC: Certs Their Proper Use