Certifications : Swingers Discussion 45122101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumCertifications
TOPIC: Certifications
Created by: JerZee2 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 67   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Certs are jus opinions, and everyones opinions differ. They do however give an insight to what kind of people found the certifyees comfortable to be around and vice versa. Web cam is better for verification. We find certs most usefull when we find a cert from someone we know and like on a profile we're conciderin.

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Using a webcam does not obligate anyone to “cyber”. What we have done, in the past, is to use it to see that both members of a couple are present, and that both are interested (you can learn a lot from the non-verbal gestures of others). The broadcasts were G-rated and short. Plus, if the initial contact doesn’t work out, then you have kept your phone number out of the hands of someone that you have no interest in interacting with.

I read, “I certify folks that we've met, who aren't psychos, and who are honestly pursuing this lifestyle, be they newbies or veterans”. In one sentence, someone managed to appoint themselves as the lifestyle’s rubber stamp for conformity, not to mention an expert in the field of mental health. What if they’re wrong? It can be argued that by “certifying” someone, a person takes on a certain amount of liability. If someone reads a cert and then decides to meet with someone who’s Paxil isn’t working as well as the day experienced by others, would they be willing to assume responsibility if something bad happens?

I read, “We are seasoned swingers who know there are a lot of fakes and flakes out there, so its nice to meet a couple who has a "recommendation"”. One doesn’t need to be seasoned to know about the fakes and flakes. All that requires is a few months’ membership on a swinger site and half a brain.

I read,” that recommendation being that they've shown up and been "normal" at the meeting”. We prefer to form our own opinion about someone’s personality. “Normal” is one of those words that doesn’t exactly mean the same thing for everyone. As far as no-shows are concerned, that’s a risk that everyone takes. We schedule first time meetings at places where we can easily do something else, or socialize with another couple if there’s a no-show.

You say, “Reading in a cert that a couple swings, but then worrying about whether their definition is the same as yours shouldn't play into this”. Why not? We don’t depend on someone’s “review” of a couple to make a decision, but we do ask direct questions to potential playmates about their sexual preferences prior to meeting. We try to see, as best as possible, if a couple’s definition of “swinging” is close to ours. We do this because we don’t get as many opportunities as we’d like to for lifestyle stuff, so we prefer to not waste time on people that aren’t compatible with us. You admit this as well, in your own words, “we have very little free time and prefer to spend it with those of like mind...and those who WANT to swing”, but then say that it shouldn’t matter if a couple’s definition of swinging doesn’t match yours, which is a contradiction, if you’re looking for someone of “like mind”.

The amount of certs someone has doesn’t mean a whole lot, either. Right now, we have none. If I wanted to, I could have at least a dozen or so within a few hours. Nothing has changed, besides the size of the rap sheet and you would have learned nothing that you couldn’t find out by asking us directly. You get someone else’s assessment, sure…but only the good ones. Remember, we can delete any cert that we don’t like. Will we miss out on some people that depend on certs? Probably, but life will go on and we’ll meet others that don’t depend so much on them.

Certifications contain nothing that other methods of verification can’t provide. I can go on, but this is too long, already.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(77 posts)
"Works fer me" :)

Holiday FL
Username hidden
(132 posts)
Can't we all just hate the Chiefs?

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
Very Optamistic...and better then the 9ers...:)

Concord CA
Username hidden
(1343 posts)
I still feel the pain!

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
That was a different century . . . "doesn't count!!!!" LOL

Holiday FL
Username hidden
(132 posts)
You owned us in the 2 decades before! No can do!

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
4play:

C'mon. Fair is fair here!! Your guys have been a pain in our ass for over a decade now!!! Stop hogging all the W's!!! ;)

-m

Holiday FL
Username hidden
(132 posts)
<looking around and feeling a bit... lonely?>

<-------- Bronco fan that knows the "Raiders" won't own the mighty Broncos!

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 67   End
TOPIC: Certifications