Burnout : Swingers Discussion 432361011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumBurnout
TOPIC: Burnout
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 15 of 15 
User Details are only visible to members.
And will agree with DScpl on the first date thing, as that gets old after so many years, sure that is what we are experiencing in some way. It seems to hard anymore to get people to even meet for a drink, let alone a dinner and drinks, and after a period of time guess you can call that burn out. We are still excited about swinging, hopefully no one misinterprets our posts, after all variety is the spice of life and we enjoy each and every person we meet, whether we have playtime or not.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12063 posts)
Our feelings are similar to those expressed by wildlife. We don't get very excited about meeting new couples anymore, and we don't have the same high level of excitement about having sex with other couples that we used to have.

But private house parties still have the same level of excitement. Maybe it's because you just don't know in advance who you will hook up with that night, and you usually know you will be meeting several new couples as well in a situation where you can play with them or not as the mood dictates.

I'm not sure if "burnout" is an accurate description, though. Maybe, for us at least, it's more the fact that we have satisfied our curiosities and lived out most of our fantasies. These days it takes more of a special connection with a couple, not just the prospect of somebody new to fuck.

Also, we've discovered that as far as quality sex goes "there's no place like home." We still have our best sex with each other, not with other partners.

I wouldn't say we are "burned out." It's more like we are no longer "driven" by a desire to swing. We swing when we are with very special friends, or with someone new that we just happen to really hit it off with at a private party. We don't meet new couples much any more except at parties. Maybejust 2 or 3 times a year now do we meet a new couple for dinner outside of a party situation.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
We haven't hit a burnout stage. We have stopped doing the "first date" thing as mentioned below. We just don't find the time. The butterflies in the stomach feeling still comes and goes when we feel we have run into a great couple.

Jennings LA
Username hidden
(771 posts)
Ok, I will bite on this subject. Never have done any BDSM activities as of yet, so I will that part out. As to getting butterflies or any other feelings when meeting new couples, attending M&G's, clubs, for me the excitement has worn off. I used be a nervous wreck when we first started, but am no longer. We have met so many couples at M&G, clubs, parties and off of this site and others, but rarely connect for different reasons so after time, the excitement that used to overcome me, no longer does and yes, would consider that burnout. Now, for private house parties, yes, the excitement is there as we have only attended 2 in the past year, and will have to say the excitement is very much there for private house parties, as they are different and unique, one is never like the next one or the previous one, and that excites me--the element of surprise. We will be attending the Pgh M&G this Saturday and as the first one was very nice and well organized, I do have some excitement in attending this one, as well as the East Meets West and am excited about both, especially getting to me you and the Mr., Poly!!!!!

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12063 posts)
I guess we get it in varying degrees. Situational and never ever long term. If we have a lifestyle experience go bad, I'll lose my mood for a few weeks. Bacchus never loses his mood though. Or if we're under a particular time of stress, we may think swinging is just the pick me up we need or we may think it's the last thing we want to do. The excitement of a new play experience is not intense as often as it was years ago. I'll still get all tingly and butterflies over someone I'm super hot for but I used to have that all the time.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 15 of 15 
TOPIC: Burnout