Brewing beer wine : Swingers Discussion 222143
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumBrewing beer wine
TOPIC: Brewing beer wine
Created by: justpookingaround
Original Starting post for this thread:
Just wondered if there were others that enjoy brewing their own hooch. We have brewed wine for several years, but just recently started brewing beer.

Sucesses?

Mistakes?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Growing up I used to help my father make 7 or 8 barrels of wine. We always had wine for dinner and of course cheese and bread after every meal. That was family time. Dinner in the kitchen with everyone, no TV or radio just 6 people talking about what was going on in our lives.

OMG, his wine was so good. You could sit and drink for dinner or afterward, but you better have someone help you stand up if you had to much. One Christmas with 25 people for Christmas dinner and my son about 3 going lap to lap and getting a taste from everyone. Well he was found in the living room of the house just rolling around and laughing. Guess he sat on to many laps that Christmas. I still have his original wine press, a few barrels that I keep moist, his grape crusher and his corks which I also keep moist. Just in case I decide to make some wine some day.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1208 posts)
Just finished a very nice cherry stout. Refreshing and tastey.

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(270 posts)
The honey ale has been infused with DME to see if I can raise the alcohol content. Right now it has a splendid alspice flavor that is enhanced with a little lemon juice.

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(270 posts)
I talked to the local brewing shop. Said it could be the higher temps made it brew faster. I didn't haVe time tonight to check the gravity or a yeast nutriment. Maybe tomorrow.

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(270 posts)
Sometimes it can appear that it has stopped fermenting when actually it hasn't, this happened to me once, so I gently shook the carboy to reactivate the yeast. That seemed to do the trick, but I've also read that it can just appear to have stopped when actually it hasn't.

Mr. S

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
The beer quit fermenting after a week. Thinking of adding some dme to see what happens.

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(270 posts)
I love a good honey brew.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1423 posts)
We hope to start two batches of beer this weekend. Maybe some mead too.

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(270 posts)
Hops make beer taste bitter. They were originally discovered as additives that keep the beer from turning to vinegar. Something about acid/alkaline.

One time I forgot to add hops to my beer. So we started drinking it early. It tasted great! Even people who didn't like beer said it was good -- because there was no bitterness. It just tasted kinda like whole grain.

We got almost clear thru that batch, and the last couple of bottles turned to vinegar.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
my mom and dad used to make wine when I was a kid. Mostly fruit wines like strawberry and mulberry.

Trooper did his own "risky whiskey" from a kit the other year, turned out pretty good for bourbon (not my favorite drink) he added coffee bean and cinnamon.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17839 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: Brewing beer wine