Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Breast Cancer Awareness For the woman
TOPIC: Breast Cancer Awareness For the woman
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 16 of 16 
User Details are only visible to members.
Ready, I'd also suggest that you use the Internet to do some research. There are a number of national and local support groups on-line. I can almost guarantee that they will have discussion groups/fora where you can get any questions answered and as well as some ideas as to what you can do to help.

I wish your ex, her son, and you all the best.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8740 posts)
Again I thank you seriously....I have offered all of the things you mentioned. I have encouraged her son.....my stepson to step up to the plate and he has done so. Obviously, it is so hard as I feel so helpless. Money is not the issue as she does very well for herself. So, I have offered my support to her as long as she needs or wants it. I have let the past go...as we can never change that. I just wish there was something else or feel there is something more I can be doing.

Saint John IN
Username hidden
(69 posts)
Be supportive, offer specific help.....running errands, cut the grass, take her for a scenic drive, listen more than you speak, keep your "suggestions" to yourself unless you are positive it will solve the problem or cure her. What she needs right now is a network of people willing to help her get through this by removing things from her life that cause concern or require energy she might not have. Anything you can do that she will now not have to do would be appreciated I am sure. Understand I'm not criticizing your the shaving or the tattoo but they are just symbols, what she needs is action. Above all treat her like she is LIVING not like she is dying, keep your fears to yourself and rather than ask a million questions do your homework . Never forget although this might be "hard" for you your role is to be supportive of her not to be comforted by her reassurances she will be fine.You can deal with your fear, heartache and concerns on your own time...this is HER time. Prayers,

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
WOW...Very insightful suggestion. THANKS!! It is confusing to me as to how to support someone who is going through this. I could not imagine being in that position thus is why I posted for feedback.

THANKS!!

Saint John IN
Username hidden
(69 posts)
More important than the shaven head and tattoo would be the emotional support offered. I think it's a nice jester but unnecessary . I guess I don't really see shaving your head as "supportive" although it might generate awareness. Since I don't know the circumstances of your divorce or how the relationship, if any has been since it's really hard to say. I personally don't think I'd "feel" better nor be impressed if Mr Sav shaved his head or suddenly got a tattoo because I had cancer. I think in the big picture your actions and words will say far more than a haircut and a tattoo. Personally if the relationship is good the money could be better spend making a day to remember , if she isn't well enough for an outing I'd suggest something to make her life easier.....a cleaning lady, delivered meals or something of that nature. Good luck to your ex and may your visit offer her some support and comfort as she struggles through this nightmare.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
Ok,

Serious question. I am going out to visit my ex wife in Ca. She has breast cancer. I am already going to have my head shaved with the Breast Cancer Ribbon. I am considering having a tattoo on my heart with the same ribbon.

My question is simple.....how would you feel if an ex showed up with this tattoo?

Please no sarcastic comments.

Thanks..

Pete

Saint John IN
Username hidden
(69 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 16 of 16 
TOPIC: Breast Cancer Awareness For the woman