Birthday's and other remberances : Swingers Discussion 46194
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumBirthday's and other remberances
TOPIC: Birthday's and other remberances
Created by: mischiefnyou
Original Starting post for this thread:
The clock has rotated through another year. I find my nearness to 50 fascinating. Unlike some, I don't fear getting older. Why? I don't worry about what I can't change. My years have bought me some things.

-Quality partners. -Enough experience to know a quality partner when I see one. -Knowledge of the variety, but better yet.. Exactly what I LIKE. No turning over rocks looking for some unholy grail. -Insight not to care about remembrances of actual dates, but the wisdom to pay attention to how I'm treated the other days of the year. -Insight and ability to jettison toxic family, friends from my life. -Knowledge and experience to understand death's role in life. -Ability to appreciate hard work and it's rewards. -Ability to appreciate the rewards and limitations of formal education. -Tolerance toward most folk's foibles because I look in the mirror first. -Ability to change unhealthy habit's overtime without beating myself up for having them in the first place. -The comfort of knowing exactly where I fit in the world looks-wise. -The comfort of not having to change over night.

yada, yada...Given the bullets dodged (so far) in my youth, I'm amazed to be this old. The things I still can't do are legion. They do not matter. I find myself very comfortable with my gray hair.

So..Do you loathe getting older? Attempt to forestall the marks time makes on your flesh? Play today for tomorrow might not come?

What will be. Will be. Live to play another day...but play well..wink.

Mischief..off to South Beach.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
FunSin,

My mom says she has them because she laughed and smiled a lot. I think it is a good excuse. LOL

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
Happy birthday Sue!!! Kisses,

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
ObladiOblada said: " I've been told I look very youthful with the exception of the wear around my eyes."

IMO, a woman with wrinkles at the corners of her eyes is very sexy and a huge turn on. When you look into a woman's eyes you are looking into the reflection of her soul. The wrinkles mean the silly school girl and silly school girl games are gone and now a confident, wise woman has taken her place. Her confidence and wisdom give her the freedom to fully enjoy her sexuality without the games. This is the woman that turns me on on.

Henderson NV
Username hidden
(405 posts)
50 will hit here in not that many more days......and I've learned.....

life is not fair nor is it unfair it simply is

sometimes you fail sometimes you succeed sometimes you get so damn lucky you need to change your underwear

you can't change where you're from, but can change where you're going

with 3 degrees and multiple career changes, I STILL don't know what I want to be when I grow up

we are here for a limited amount of time and there is soooooo much to do.......there is not all that much that can be done while sitting, so get up off your butt !

people will come into your life and some may leave.......but every single one changes you in some way

genuine laughter will do you more good than any pill you can get

don't take things so seriously......do camels, penguins, platypuses, or fijords look like a sign of a supreme being with no sense of humor ?

most of all get up in the morning, get over the the wake up grumps ( don't EVEN talkto me untill the first coffee's gone) and embrace what's coming at you....let the bad go, hold close the good, and always ask telemarketers "Did you know I'm not wearing any underwear ?"

Adams MA
Username hidden
(211 posts)
Happy Birthday Mischief! You still have some time before you hit the big five '0' and trust me, when you do it can be a liberating experience. You are already wise beyond your years and younger in your heart than your years.

Henderson NV
Username hidden
(405 posts)
Wow, folks are so nice. A humble thank you. I'm not unhappy with 50, Jim. I'm looking forward to it. What a trip!

Dan: The best way to change other's minds? Change yourself. Operate from a newer frame of reference. Billy Graham is much more tolerant than most. That's where I would start the discussion. Rejoice that you found another way. Relax, someone else is in control.

Thanks for all the kind words. I am seriously humbled by them. Remember. Live to play another day. Make that play the best ever.

hugs,

Mischief<--special hugs to the momma to be

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
We both wish you the happiest of birthdays Mischief!

Us on aging? Hadn't really thought much about it. Ours days are pretty full WITHOUT worrying about something we can't change... leaves room for more important worries:)

Hattiesburg MS
Username hidden
(526 posts)
Oh and happy birthday, Mischief. Don't have too much fun!

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
I am so looking forward to growing old (or wiser, however you like to look at it). Especially, an empty nest and after menopause. Can you say FREEDOM!!!!

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
Here is me stripping to the happy birthday song to you, girl! We wish you another almost 50 happy more years. Like others, my personal admiration for your wisdom, happiness and knowledge of life grows deeper with every one of your posts. Age is just that a number, and to me nearing 50 I still see a very young and vibrant mind, spirit and love for life and everyone in it. As long as you stay young at heart in mind, it doesn't matter what that number says.

A very happy, healthy and many more birthday wish from us, S.

Jan and Jim

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12072 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: Birthday's and other remberances