Being Stood Up : Swingers Discussion 45603
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumBeing Stood Up
TOPIC: Being Stood Up
Created by: NewlyWed_Swingers The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We have never been stood up (knocking on wood!) We aren't vain enough to think that it's anything but luck. Enough of our friends have had it happen that every time we go for a meet, we have that uncomfortable 'is this going to be the time?' feeling. But we try to arrange meets at places we like..so if no one shows up, we still have a great time with each other!

Pensacola FL
Username hidden
(1622 posts)
Licks, if our first experience had been a stand up, I'm afraid I would have thought twice about the lifestyle...says something for the two of you that you ended up meeting them and became close.

As far as single women...we've met three, but only two really clicked with us, and even those weren't exactly what we were looking for! We are not actively pursuing single women now at all..if we run into one, great. If not, oh well...we actually prefer couples more!

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
We also always make sure that where we are meeting someone is someplace we WANT to be...i.e. we suggest the restaurant or movie or whatever because its something that we want to do (regardless of whether we're meeting someone or not). That way, if we've been stood up, we at least enjoy the evening out.

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
We have never stood up anyone or been stood up by anyone... but thats is our fault too I guess... we have never asked someone to meet us anywhere ( between both of us being kind of shy still and we hear to many people do and get stood up lol ) and weve only been asked to meet couples who have not understood Gary's work schedule and that we have my daughter still living at home and can not just come and go ....it's just never come up.

T

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
SandJ - WOW - you've actually met 3! That's 3 more than us. Guess that post belongs in the "single women are like unicorns" thread. I am impressed that you even keep trying after the 17 or so no-shows. That's why I have pretty much given up on that group.

Albany GA
Username hidden
(315 posts)
We'were stood up our first meet in the lifestyle. They jus left us sitttin without any contact. It's happened many times since. It sucks when ya only got about one free weekend a month and ya waste it on a no show.

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Va-the story is incredible! Too bad they haven't realized that us "old people" really DO know how to fuck! lol

We had a local couple (about 20 minutes drive from us) pursue the crap out of us on another site. Even though we had our reservations, since all they would send was a fuzzy face pic of the two of them, we decided that, since we wanted to eat out anyway, we'd choose someplace close by. We got there at the appointed time, and no show. They contact us the next day with sorry, we had something turn up. We agree to meet them the following Sunday. Again no show. This time, a week later, they email us, asking what happened to us...that they were sitting at the coffee counter and we never showed. Right. When we'd arrived that Sunday there were two other couples in the restaurant and NO ONE drinking coffee....told them thanks, but we don't hang with liars and blocked them. They are both school teachers who teach in our area and I shudder to think that they are passing poor ethics around with their own kids and other's.

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
yikes va .what a horrible couple they would have been. Do have to say that seeing mrs va in action would be a huge turnon

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
Still trying to get over VAlovers "stood up" story, how truly rude, I have heard of some stories, but nothing like yours.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12063 posts)
We have been stood up many times, more by couples than singles guys, but it happens with both. We usually have a pretty good idea it's going to happen based on conversations before the meeting. But we usually meet at our local hangout, so if we get stood up, it's not like your waiting for a seat at a resturant.

Actually met a couple last night, and thought we were going to be stood up. Hadn't heard from them in a couple days and they hadn't been online. We got to our hangout early and were playing trivia....we we'rent even watching for them, but they showed up a few minutes early and we had a good time. Always nice to have some good surprises

Albany GA
Username hidden
(315 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
TOPIC: Being Stood Up