Are you an introvert : Swingers Discussion 213169
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumAre you an introvert
TOPIC: Are you an introvert
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
"Chances are you only think you can pick the introvert out of the crowd.

You might think that because I am confident speaking in public, enjoy throwing parties, and can talk to just about anyone, I couldn't possibly be an introvert.

But I am.

A lot of people have the wrong idea about introversion and confuse it with shyness. But shyness and introversion are not the same. As described by one neuroscientist I spoke to, shyness is behavior: acting fearful in social situations. Introversion is motivation: low drive to participate in social situations. So while shy people might want to socialize but find it intimidating, introverts have the skills but can take or leave socializing.

Also, you can overcome shyness if you want. Introversion seems to be hardwired, and it doesn't need to be overcome. It's fine as it is.

Jung defined introversion in terms of energy: Extroverts are energized by time with other people, introverts are drained by it and crave copious time alone. While this theory lacks any empirical backing (what is this "energy" and how do we measure it?), introverts know what it means. Science will just have to catch up." ===================

So lets hear it, do you consider yourself extrovert? Introvert? Shy? Are you bothered enough by it to make changes?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 39   End
User Details are only visible to members.
MsP is an introvert, She hates large crowds but she is working on it & she works really well with small crowds.

I an closer to an extrovert/pervert...

New Albany IN
Username hidden
(262 posts)
I'm a total introvert !!!! I put mini blinds on all my mirrors :)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2308 posts)
Not an introvert, just don't care to talk to many people I meet...

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1572 posts)
I'd be willing to say I'm somewhat of an extrovert~but with a really big shy streak. Smaller groups actually intimidate me more sometimes, because I feel like I'm under more scrutiny. Once I feel comfortable stepping out of my shell, just keep me out of trouble! lol

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10674 posts)
I had to go find this to share. It's cute, and explains it pretty damn well, I think:

sveidt.deviantart. com/art/How-to-Live-with-Introverts-Guide-Printable-320818879

Modesto CA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
I (Mr Pervy) am a huge introvert. For many years, I wouldn't even bother trying to talk to new people. Being a software developer, I didn't really have to... I was able to redirect communications to email, where I truly shine.

These days, I find myself in a leadership role. I handle it, but hate it... having to hold group calls, lead training, etc. I just don't understand why these people can't figure things out on their own like I had to. :)

Mrs. Pervy is somewhere in the middle. She's not extremely extroverted, but she's not an introvert either, which is nice because we tend to balance each other. She does a lot of the talking during meetups, while I sit back and listen until I'm comfortable enough with the other people to join in.

Modesto CA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
I'd say I lean more towards being an Extrovert. I'm perfectly functional in just about any social situation and tend to let myself be more "me" when surrounded by a lot of different personalities.

I already spend far too much time alone or in small "same minded" groups.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1755 posts)
Introvert. I only do small small groups (but do draw energy from being with a small group of engaging people). I detest the phone (but love the text feature). I'm easily overwhelmed in large groups and retreat.

On the other hand, if I'm alone too long I get a bit moody.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3867 posts)
Definitely an introvert here. And am closer to the shy side of the continuum. While I do ok in crowds, I am more of a people watcher, and listener and blend in to the background, or associate with small subsets of people of large groups.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12204 posts)
Believe it or not, an introvert. Overcompensate by being a harmless asshat and shameless flirt.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(7573 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 39   End
TOPIC: Are you an introvert