Apple IPhone IPad or any other Apple products : Swingers Discussion 1916741011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumApple IPhone IPad or any other Apple products
TOPIC: Apple IPhone IPad or any other Apple products
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   11 to 20 of 79   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I've slowly been assimilated by Apple over the last few years. I have a Mac, iPad (1st gen), iPhone 4s (had 3Gs before that) and a 1st gen iPod.

In the smartphone and tablet world, they are all essentially the same. There's really not much I can do on my iPhone that someone else can't do on their Droid or Windows phone (or vice versa). Stay away from Blackberry though. I had one and it was awful.

I choose to have all Apple products for simplicity's sake. But all in all, I think if I had a different smartphone I'd probably be just as happy (and frustrated) with it as I am with my iPhone. So I won't talk about how Apple makes a superior phone or tablet than anyone else because that just isn't true. Perhaps the only edge Apple holds is their app market being superior but I'm not even sure if that's the case anymore. I'm sure that practically every app available through Apple is available with Droid as well.

When it comes to desktops/laptops however, Apple is by far superior to any Windoze based PC. They cost more up front, but the additional software you'll purchase is far less costly with a Mac than it is with a PC. So when it's all said and done, you'll probably spend about the same amount of money on a PC as you would a Mac. And they make Microsoft Office for Mac (it's also half the price for Mac than it is for a Windoze PC), so you can use it for work or school even if they only have Windoze based products.

The advantage that Apple has over their competition is that they manufacture their computers in their entirety. Microsoft creates the operating system and other software programs like Office but the computers themselves are made by Dell, Toshiba, Sony, HP, etc. Each company builds their computers differently so they each function differently once the Windoze OS is installed. Imagine a company that builds car engines but allows other companies to build the actual car, transmission, electrical, exhaust, etc. The engine would probably run great with some models and it'll run like crap with others. In either case, the engine will never perform up to it's true capabilities. Apple builds their products from soup to nuts so everything runs more seamlessly and efficiently.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
I usually am pretty hard on most devices performance wise in that I use large apps, and transfer a lot of files here and there. I think the more you demand of it, the more you'll notice the new A6 chip with the 4G LTE protocol will lighten the load. :-) Of course using wifi will depend on the local speed.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12204 posts)
I don't notice speed differences in processing between the 4S or 5.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
"Anyone have feedback on the iPhone 5 ?" ---

So far, so good. While this is the first iPhone I've owned, I've toyed with the 4 and 4s. The 5 has a slightly larger screen, and is noticeably faster, and lighter. Siri also seem's to operate more seamlessly, although it may be due to my experience in how to better ask her questions.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12204 posts)
just, Thank you for the information.

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
I use a Galaxy SIII, and I did have problems using the Dolphin browser, opening and viewing pics, sending emails and posting on the forums was almost impossible. When I switched to the Chrome browser it seems to run better, not perfect, but considerably better than the default browser and Dolphin. Text entry in any form on the site is always a challenge with a smart phone, especially with on screen keyboards.

And no, the mobile site does not show up for me either.

Shamokin PA
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
tbr, do you access the site with the Galaxy3S? I've had some reports of people having trouble getting to the mobile site with those. I don't have access to one for testing though.

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
Just picked a Galaxy3S

So far it is nice. I'll let you know more as I get used to it...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
iPhone 5 is just a thinner longer version of iPhone 4S. My son has the 5, he likes it. We're using the iOS 6 on all our iPhones (we have 4 iPhones, 1 blackberry, and 1 Droid).

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Anyone ordering the new iPad mini?

Anyone have feedback on the iPhone 5 ?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   11 to 20 of 79   End
TOPIC: Apple IPhone IPad or any other Apple products