Anti-depressants and Sex Drive : Swingers Discussion 401571021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumAnti-depressants and Sex Drive
TOPIC: Anti-depressants and Sex Drive
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 27 of 27 
User Details are only visible to members.
Silly me. I didn't even look where you were from. Sac has got a few really good Myofascial Release therapists. And being out there you have a huge amount of options. After moving to Louisiana I realized how much is out there in CA in the complimentary fields. Yeh originally a bay area chic. good luck.

Lafayette LA
Username hidden
(5 posts)
I am a massage therapist and always look at alternatives. Acupunture... there are two types Traditional Chinese Medicine and Five Element Theory. I have been going to a five element acupuncturists and it has been very effective at balancing out my system. Regular massage, craniosacral or myofascial release (my favorite for helping to change emotional and physical holding patterns ). Diet and Excercise make a huge difference too. There are MDs who specialize in nutrition and natural alternatives. Always look at more options than what the Dr. prescribes!!!

Lafayette LA
Username hidden
(5 posts)
can diet work in your favor??Talk to a nutritionist to see if certain foods can help you over come this. Way to many doctors love too prescribe meds to contain ,when there is a healthier alternative.

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
Celexa is an excellent choice for fewer side effects...as a Pharm tech I get to find all the ins and outs about the different drugs. As a long time severe migraine sufferer I have done alot of investigating about the anti-depressants. The chemical imbalance I have that cause the migraines also causes clinical depression. They quite often use anti-depressants to treat migraine sufferers. When we were looking for the right combination of medication to help prevent the migraines...sexual disfunction was a concern for me as well as weight gain. Celexa has been a God send for me...I still have my sex drive...I didn't gain any extra weight...and I am virtually headache free. Wellbutrin does have little effect on sex drive...but with all medications there is always a risk of side effects. Prozac was another one that is good for not loosing the drive. Kat of RK

Muncy PA
Username hidden
(2913 posts)
This is actually a highly individual thing, and really needs to be discussed in detail with a qualified health care provider. For every person who does well on one antidepressant, there is another who had significant sexual side effects. Personally, I found Zoloft dampened my libido, Celexa much less so, but your results would quite possibly be much different. As for Wellbutrin, it IS the one antidepressant I hear has least risk of sexual side effects, but the OTHER side effects may be difficult to tolerate. My doctor hesitates to prescribe it, because she calls it the "jittery antidepressant", and says many of her patients suffer from heightened anxious or jittery feelings from it.

My best advice is twofold: Consult a qualified doctor or therapist about med recommendations, and couple any meds with a decent course of therapy to treat depression. In my humble opinion, meds alone aren't nearly as effective as meds and counseling, and counseling alone may be helpful before trying meds.

Just my 2 cents.

L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
Most important to physically talk with your physician about the entire issue. Many Docs use their 15 minutes to target one issue. Good Docs will treat the whole person. Be up front and honest about feelings and concerns. If they blow you off (no pun!) get a different MD. Wellbutrin may have an effect on desire and function to the extent that the company came out with another version that supposedly has less effect. Plenty of options available, med, herbs, diet, exercise, etc..... Explore them all!

Bethpage TN
Username hidden
(1033 posts)
You might want to discuss wellbutrin with your doctor. Our doctor refuses to prescribe wellbutrin. He says that a British study of unexplained deaths of a number of people had one thing in common - they were all on wellbutrin.

I'm not aware that any definitive studies have been done to prove a cause/effect relationship, but a conservative approach may be to seek alternatives to wellbutrin.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 27 of 27 
TOPIC: Anti-depressants and Sex Drive