Anti-depressants and Sex Drive : Swingers Discussion 401571011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumAnti-depressants and Sex Drive
TOPIC: Anti-depressants and Sex Drive
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 27   End
User Details are only visible to members.
yep. can do that. but make sure you are ready to quit. I have been hypnotized for both weight and smoking....but truthfully was not doing it for myself...so I continue to smoke and eat....but things are changing and getting better here...so I will go through it again.....this time through self hypnosis.

Lakeland FL

Username hidden
(35 posts)
Of course I am willing. Just remember, I could hypnotize you to do anything...lol....just teasing. Actually I do think hypnotherapy is fantastic......every ailment begins in the mind.....or pleasure for that matter.

Lakeland FL

Username hidden
(35 posts)
I am just curious, has anyone tried hypnotherapy? I have found that it works wonders. LOL...of course being a master hynotherapist I would say that.

Lakeland FL

Username hidden
(35 posts)
sensualhand:

I'm obviously an allopath. That said. I have tried all manner of non-traditional methods. I used therapy with medicine for my mental illness. It helped tremendously.

I am open minded enough to like anything that works. I love crainal-sacral massage for my migraines. Probably the best thing I've found for anxiety? My cats. They know how to relax.

Natural hormones bother me. They are regulated as food not drugs. There is no standardization of dose, potency, or effect. Natural hormones are drugs. Plant products are drugs also.

There is one author I listen to regarding these things. Varro Tyler. Any of his books are good. Phytomedicinals, The honest herbal, and others.

I know you know this. But natural doesn't mean safer, effective, or anything. Poison hemlock is natural.

Mischief More than willing to look at alternative methods.

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
My doc just put me on Paxilcr, I am also on Topamx both for migrain help, I have been on the Topamax for over a year and it has helped alot but not enough, I have had migrains since I was an infant, to the point of missing school for days sometimes weeks. I have tried so many scripts it's not funny, I have done the diet log and dont eat this and dont eat/drink that... nothing triggers them for me. They just come, most of the time with little or no warning, it sucks.... the topamax helped me loose weight in the begining now not so much ...the paxilcr I just started last Tuesday so we will see.... as of yet neither one has decreased or increased my sex drive and I have been multi orgasmic since I met Gary ...so as long as it doesnt do anything there and helps with my migrains I will try it..... any infor on either of these meds would be of help ... I have read things on line for both and the Doc. and pharmacy have told me things also but and help from friends would be helpful also....email me please!! thesexys on aol...

~ T

Myerstown PA

Username hidden
(4985 posts)
In the past i have been on Effexor and Paxil. I found them to not affect my sex drive (IOW I still "wanted" sex as much as before), however, during sex in spite of all the foreplay being great, I found it difficult to get over that last hump to come. I have since been able to discontinue both.

I know someone who has been taking Wellbutrin, though, and she has not had a problem with sexual side affects at all.

Lake Wales FL

Username hidden
(200 posts)
Mischief, If you are asking if I would recommend alternatives for thyroid I would say yes. I have had numerous probs myself and I went to a Preventative Nutrionist MD who helped me with Thyroid problems, migraines, anxiety and many other probs involved in an out of balance body. We used diet and natural hormones to balance out the system. I also used acupuncture and massage, Myofascial release and a lot of internal searching. If she felt other drugs were beneficial she would suggest those too. The main goal is to get the body back in balance. The info and techniques out there are incredible, besides just your normal drugs.

Lafayette LA

Username hidden
(5 posts)
RK:

Suggest craino-sacral massage. Works wonders for me.

Yep, Migraines, depression. The whole ball of wax.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Migraines and clinical depression are caused by the same chemical imbalance in the brain....I have a severe seretonin chemical imbalance. I have been battling the migraine game since I am 22 and I am now 39.My migraines were so severe and so often I was bed ridden from them at least 5 days a week. I made it hard to have a job and a life when I was constantly in pain. I have been having a lot of break thru headaches again. I head to the dr as soon as the referral goes thru for another med eval. I understand what your going through! Kat

Muncy PA

Username hidden
(2913 posts)
Wellbutrin is a good medicine. Like all medicines it has side effects. If the speed effect is too much there are ways to adjust it.

The alternative therapies are an interesting suggestion. Would you suggest them if the patient's thyroid had a chemical imbalance? Probably not. It's the same for mental illness. Yes, exercise, nutrition play a part. But, depression has a fatality rate of ~20% if untreated.

Regarding sexual effects. SSRIs (prozac like drugs) Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro, Paxil can delay orgasmic response. This may not be a problem in males. With work and time most relearn how to have an orgasm.

TCAs (Elavil, Tofranil, Pamelor, Amitriptyline, Imipramine, Nortriptyline and others) are probably harder on the sex drive. They killed my orgasmic ability

Effexor is an interesting option. It works two ways. Might work better than the SSRIs.

Trazodone(Desyrel) is a poor antidepressant. It's a great non-habit forming sleep drug. It's sexual side effect? Worst case? priapism. A painful, appropriate, prolonged erection. It does it rarely, but Priapism is a medical emergency.

Remember all drug can dangerous if not used correctly. Even if used correctly, problems can occur. Depression causes decreased libido. Any thing that helps depression may help the sex drive/ability.

My current therapy? The last leg of the entire psychopharmacologic armamentarium?(translation.. I've shot my wad) An MAOi. These meds are dangerous. Folks have been killed by drug interactions in hospitals. Shrug. I need it. My sex drive is intact.

Good luck

Mischief.

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 27   End
TOPIC: Anti-depressants and Sex Drive