Anti-depressants and Sex Drive : Swingers Discussion 40157
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumAnti-depressants and Sex Drive
TOPIC: Anti-depressants and Sex Drive
Created by: dragon2222 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 27   End
User Details are only visible to members.
K& R, thanks for your very kind words and I take them to heart!! You guys have done great with your weight, you have to email me with more details when you have time!!

Trish

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
Does Zoloft bother you?

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Trish some times a person hits a plateau and there is nothing you can do about it. I know the low carb, high protein diet has worked well for the 2 of us, but its not for everyone. Thankfully there is new low carb products out on the market that make the diet more tolerable. They cost a little more, but we have found a low carb pasta and bread and now don't have to crave that anymore. As far as drug therapies....not sure what to say to help you there. We think you look great just as you are...we would not do a thing to change you.

Mischief...hope your feeling better and back into the "swing" of things soon. We are looking forward to our paths crossing someday soon.

Kathie

Muncy PA
Username hidden
(2913 posts)
Mischief so sorry to hear you are ill, we hope you get well quick!!We hope to be introduced to you at the Farm someday soon to say hello!!

Thanks Doc for the kind words!!

NOW...can someone give me some good ideas for the rest of my weight loss??? LOL

Have a wonderful day :)

Trish

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
"are virtually interchangeable."

This is not a pissing match. When you make statements that are not true, I will respond. That's all. No axe to grind.

This is flatly not true. Each medication is a single and separate chemical with different effects. One sure way to tell? Insurance companies don't push one SSRI over another. Merely because they are in the same class doesn't make them interchangable. The fact that most MDs are only vaguely aware of this doesn't make it true.

Ahhh grasshopper, I knew he was taking Parnate.

What you don't know Smooth..is I take Parnate also. I ran through the entire spectrum years ago. Hell, even the Parnate isn't holding me. I'm actually quite ill currently.

I will post at a later time, how to get over the orgasmic delay that many of these drugs cause.

No Mischief...only information.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Must agree with mischief and doc. Both are correct. It depends on the meds....and how your body responds to them. Some are more sensitive than others. Thankfully, threre are so many different meds out there that if one has unpleasant side effects....try another.

Fayetteville NC
Username hidden
(68 posts)
Dragon:

smile. I assume you liked the comment about the delayed orgasm being a good thing....

smile.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
smoothduff:

Out into the bushes.. Look you stuff up first.

Effexor isn't an SSRI either. It's an SNRI. It's very useful.

Wellbutrin affects Dopamine and NE. It's not unusual to see Wellbutrin + an SSRI.

Nonselective MAO A&B inhibitors (Parnate, Nardil) are dangerous if not watched closely. They are rarely used any more. Drug-drug/drug-food interactions can cause a sudden, very high blood pressure called a hypertensive crisis.

It was very clear when I took prozac (shortly after it came out) that it affected orgasmic ability. It took about a year for that side effect to become part of the literature.

Depression also has a very negative effect on sexuality. Sometime, becoming less depressed will allow folks to become sexually active. Delayed orgasm may not be a bad thing for a guy.

Please be sure of what you post regarding medications. You may be taking an MAOI. These drugs are reserved for treatment resistant depression. Having an antidote with you at all times is a very good idea.

No Mischief with MAOIs

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I would try to be hypnotized, I think it might work... I have been trying to loose weight now for almost 3 years, have lost about 1/2 of what I want too....I work out 3-4 times a week here at home ( when I am not sick ) I watch what I eat, sometimes stray to sweets then beat myself up for it... yeah I would try it for weight loss, for migrain help... if it could help in those 2 areas I would try it .... if I could afford it.

Gary would try it to stop smoking, again if we could afford it......

~ Trish

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
Maybe I need to do a seminar to quit smoking and eating.....what do you all think?

Lakeland FL
Username hidden
(35 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 27   End
TOPIC: Anti-depressants and Sex Drive