Annette Funicello, of Mickey Mouse Club dies at age 70 : Swingers Discussion 220017
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumAnnette Funicello, of Mickey Mouse Club dies at age 70
TOPIC: Annette Funicello, of Mickey Mouse Club dies at age 70
Created by: rdy2playwu The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
Leeza, the party is on when you get here.

Finding a cure for and treating MS is a cause near and dear to our hearts.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7530 posts)
My clinical manager's hubby was diagnosed with it last year. At first it came and went, and wasn't so bad, but this past couple of months it hit harder and hasn't backed off much. He's already done steroid rounds and they helped some, but there's apparently only so many times you can do that. He's had to stop driving OTR for safety reasons and has applied for disability. I have to say: I do't know much about this illness, but one of my hospice patients I used to volunteer to go and see when I was a student several years ago had it and she used to tell the most wonderful stories from her "hey" days. Really loved spending time with her.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10727 posts)
So sad. My first crush!!!

Jim :-)

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
That is sad. A "Fun Fact" (of sorts) is that my great aunt is one of the longest ever survivors of MS after diagnosis. She was diagnosed with MS at age 20 in 1940, and died in 2007 at age 87. She was still driving a car when I was young ~1982 or so, after more than 40 years with it. By 2000 after 60 years, she finally lost use of her legs, but was still able mostly to care for herself until just the last 2-3 years of her life.

Her case caught the attention of some researchers who attempted to learn something from why her progress was so slow. There was some speculation that a rifle bullet lodged in her hip from being shot by a Soviet soldier in 1928 leaking a constant stream of lead and other heavy metals into her body may have played a part.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20226 posts)
And I look forward to finding out in person how much you appreciate me...LOL!

Seriously, I'm hoping to tag on a trip to SA this year on one of my fairly regular Houston trips, and bring hubby.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6970 posts)
...and we appreciate you more than you know for doing so!!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8085 posts)
Although I can't manage a 150-mile bike ride, I always contribute to the MS150 Houston to Austin charitable bike ride.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6970 posts)
So sad, but the struggle for a cure will continue..

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8085 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Annette Funicello, of Mickey Mouse Club dies at age 70