Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › A Song to Suit your current Mood
TOPIC: A_Song_to_Suit_your_current_Mood
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 1335  Next »
71 to 80 of 13350
User Details are only visible to members.
If you're speaking in reference to the health issues you've been dealing with, I can certainly understand. But you know you are a beautiful and beloved member of the circus of fools who gather here on a regular basis, and would be sorely missed.

Daytona Beach FL
Username hidden
(6745 posts)
The Gambler-Kenny Rodgers.

Know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Might be time to fold and walk away.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20793 posts)
the voices & icons of the 60's and 70's changed music at its core--each of them is a huge loss.

hotel california ~ the live, acoustic, version with the long guitar solo leading in.

gets me every time.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(8985 posts)
I am not an Eagles fan - at all - but nevertheless I appreciate their impact.

A read a column a bit ago about how Bowie/Lemmy dying has marked a change. Yes, rock legends died before, but typically "before their time" - people like John Lennon (homicide), Jimi Hendrix (drugs) or George Harrison (cancer).

However, now that the rock legends from the 60s are into their 70s, it will become age that takes them, not disaster. Bob Dylan? Mick Jagger? Paul McCartney? Ray Davies? How much longer can we expect these guys to stick around? Little Richard is still alive. Even Chuck Berry is.

Yes, some will stay with us for a while still, but I expect we will lose most of these people within 10-15 years. That's depressing.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23741 posts)
I think Glen's death hits me much harder than others who have passed recently. Peaceful Easy Feeling was the first song I learned to play on guitar as a teen. Throughout my life Eagles music has always been a "go to" when I just wanted to have music playing while working or whatever. Iconic and timeless, the music he created and helped create will be around for generations after we are long gone. To say he'll be missed is a huge understatement for me.

Daytona Beach FL
Username hidden
(6745 posts)
*sigh* I've been to the Hotel California.

FF: I never checked out but I did leave.

The last thing I remember was almost hitting a cow on the highway when we left.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5347 posts)
Ah yes..Hotel California. Days of my youth. Long hair, girls and dirt bikes in the desert. Those were some fun times.

"On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair, warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air"

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
Hotel California : Eagles I'm thinking of Glen Frey and the wonderful vacation we had with my brother and his wife, we took a trip to Hotel California one day from Cabo, 2 hour drive its stuck in my mind forever OMG what a cool place God bless you Glen .Hope to make it back one day

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4547 posts)
flesh for fantasy ~ billy idol

sad days for rock fans indeed, BLM

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(8985 posts)
..and it keeps pouring

All The Young Dudes- Mott the Hoople Dale Griffin RIP

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 1335  Next »
71 to 80 of 13350
TOPIC: A Song to Suit your current Mood
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.