A Song to Suit your current Mood : Swingers Discussion 868481032
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumA Song to Suit your current Mood
TOPIC: A Song to Suit your current Mood
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   32 to 41 of 11258   End
User Details are only visible to members.
still rainin' ~ jonny lang

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2515 posts)
it's not a new interest in vinyl for me; I have a very extensive music collection: I will eventually purchase a good turntable and agree with peg; if you've the right setup, the sound on vinyl can be absomazing. also on cassette (from many years teaching fitness classes in studios with pitch-control decks and also have my own pitch control cassette deck), as well as dvd's. to convert it all to digital format would be an epic task.

feelin nostalgic:

move out ~ yaz

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2515 posts)
I like to hear some of the old skips again... you know the ones you made during those "makeout sessions" ..

Old Time Rock n Roll - Bob

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3739 posts)
Actually, if you have the proper set up, vinyl is superior to them all. It took quite a while to convince me, but it is true. It is much less convenient and a huge pain in the ass, but most true audiophiles listen to vinyl.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
Can someone explain the ongoing interest in vinyl? I grew up with vinyl 33s and 45s, and while I loved the music, the medium sucked: changing a record or flipping it over every 20 minutes, scratches, pops, clicks. And even if you kept your records clean and avoided those distortions, the sounds quality would degrade, just because of the physical contact between the needle and the record.

CDs were such a great development. MP3s are even more convenient, although they do sacrifice some sound quality. Except for the loss of large-format album covers, I was very happy for the increased convenience and sound quality.

So again: why vinyl, when there are better-sounding and more convenient alternatives?

Newton MA
Username hidden
(69 posts)
Very nice! I love my vinyl too...and there are some really good record stores in Berkeley, CA... just visited Amoeba and Rasputin.. tons of 80's stuff! HA! I just approved my own pic.. go figure

safety dance - men without hats

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3739 posts)
people are people ~ d/m

(yvw, BLM--i also have an extensive collection of what was known in the 80's as "new wave" - the fixx, d/m, omd, yaz, eurhythmics, dolby, old time p gabriel, etc. all over the musical spectrum, really.)

time to crank the volume

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2515 posts)
Ok.. lost self control here..thanks nynjbimusiclover! Blast off!

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3739 posts)
That's a party you got there! Ah the memories with that stuff ...

Badge - Eric Clapton ... (on my little thing) motors running steady now ;-)

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3739 posts)
bad love ~ eric clapton

(another roaring tune. riffs are reminiscent of my previous pick)

yeah, most of my benatar, santana, floyd, yes, elo, clapton, heart, (70's/80's rock) is on vinyl. all the original madonna albums too. sigh.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2515 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   32 to 41 of 11258   End
TOPIC: A Song to Suit your current Mood