Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › A Song to Suit your current Mood
TOPIC: A_Song_to_Suit_your_current_Mood
« Prev  1 ...  1008  1009  1010  1011  1012  1013  1014  1015  1016  1017  ... 1471  Next »
10121 to 10130 of 14703
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm suggesting that kids pretending to be adults are part of the problem too. Especially teenage girls - some of whom look very much like grown women. If some 22 year old guy finds a 14-year old girl who says she's 18 and meets up with her, has he actually done anything wrong? We treat him like the predator when really she is the one who committed false advertising.

My 10 year old niece's facebook page says she's 19, for crying out loud. Mind you I know kids fake their age to get around limits on there, and she still very much looks like a child, but that probably wont be the case in 4-6 years. Her parents know and don't seem to care.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26054 posts)
Perhaps 6 years ago a distraught mother at work told me about problems with her 14 year old daughter and her myspace (which I had never heard of) profile. Apparently, she had pictures of herself in her underwear on there and posted her address telling boys to "come on over". That night they had to call the police to hang out outside her house to stop all the boys and grown men who were showing up looking for some. She was furious that her daughter would do that.

That night, I go home and look up my own 14 year old on this newfangled "myspace" and sure enough - there she is - pretending to be 20! No pics of her underwear or anything like that mind you, but we got our first slap in the face about what kind of trouble our kids can get into online that day.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26054 posts)
Sounds so familiar Shib, and my daughter was 14 before she had a phone OR internet. In hindsight, I think even that was too young.

Forget what other parents are doing and go with your gut. If she has violated your trust, punish accordingly. It's clear from everything you post your kids know you love them unconditionally so the tough love won't change that.

Good luck, this is a tough time to be a kid....and a parent!

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12735 posts)
Sure leave us hanging as to what she said on her FB. Personally I do not think teenagers should have a face book. So much is lost in text or posting . When someone talks to you it is so different with tones and gestures.. Technology is seriously ruining the kids in this respect. A lot of what kids post on their pages is truly just a bunch of shit to look cool for their friends too. I would think that maybe 1/4 of what they do post is true, again depending on the subject. That like button on FB is a bad bad thing too....

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
The theme song from Hatari, and the Baby Elephant Walk--Henry Mancini's Hits.

~~Zazzy~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8596 posts)
Love Train introduced so many creative blues, funk, and jazz dancers we had to watch it to learn how to '~dance cool~'

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8596 posts)
Swervedriver - "Duel"

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26054 posts)
Gooooood Morning Swingas! Got beat the rain today and get out and RIDE!

Wasn't it Charley pride that sang this song, "Kiss an angel good morning".. Well I tried .. but.. no angel there. :-(

HAVE A GREAT MORNING FOLKS!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6189 posts)
Awake, cool picture there.

I loved the Stylistics as well.

Easy Lover -- Phillip Bailey and Phil Collins

Jan

Jennerstown PA
Username hidden
(12194 posts)
"Montezuma" by Fleet Foxes. Saw them at Merriweather Post Pavillion last night and they were great. I've been feeling a mellow, very soft vibe since then. I just came back from an art show and had some great conversations with people giving off the same vibe.

Youtube it!

Username hidden
(94 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  1008  1009  1010  1011  1012  1013  1014  1015  1016  1017  ... 1471  Next »
10121 to 10130 of 14703
TOPIC: A Song to Suit your current Mood
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.