Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum 9-11-12
TOPIC: 9-11-12
Created by: Lucky2haveU
Original Starting post for this thread:
Good Morning

11 years later, do you remember? I do and will never forget.

8:46 AM EST New York City WTC was struck by American Airlines Flight 11.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I was in a hotel in Raleigh Durham, NC, packing to get on a flight to Washington, DC. My step-daughter called and asked if we were watching TV. We turned in on just as the 2nd plan hit the tower. Once we were able to think again, we obviously knew we'd not be getting on that flight so we drove the rental car to Washington.

I think what hit me the most was driving by the Pentagon two days later and seeing the devastation with my own eyes. I was amazed, but not really surprised that in the 48 hour period, the entire parking Pentagon parking lot was filled with what had to be hundreds if not thousands of golf carts, tents, portable buildings and all kinds of support.

Seeing everything on TV was bad enough....seeing it in real life just multiplied that emotions.

We were able to fly home that Saturday on one of the first flights out of Dulles. It was a very quiet and somber flight. Rules were changing by the person as we went through security.

I will never forget that week.

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
Oh and I remember sitting on the ground with my giant green duffel bag in formation with my M-16 and gas mask just waiting for HOURS for any orders/news to come down. We were sitting from like 11am to 11pm waiting, but never got deployed.

Toms River NJ
Username hidden
(1069 posts)
I'll never forget!

I was at the Men's Warehouse getting fitted for a suit because I was heading out to do some interviewing in the coming weeks.

We all stood there in shock and disbelief as we watched it unfold on the TV.

Thanks to those who service; police, fire and armed forces

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
I was in the army when 9/11 happened and stationed in Ft. Bragg as a airborne field artilleryman at the time. The base was immediately locked down, and we were told to get ALL our shit together and be ready to deployed anywhere around the world within 2 hours.

Guys who lived off post weren't allowed to go home and say goodbye, so only if you lived on post you had like 45 minutes to run home, get all your Ta-50, give your wife a quicky, and gtfo. Alot of guys made a mad dash to the shopette (a little convenience store on post) to buy tons of cigarettes. We also were sent to go draw ammunition for our howitzer cannons we never even HEARD of or had any knowledge it even existed.

Was a very hectic day, to say the least.

Toms River NJ
Username hidden
(1069 posts)
i was at work and a coworker and his twin got a call that thier father was on the plane that hit the first tower in NY :(

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(6981 posts)
I was at home, getting ready to go to work, when my husband called to tell me a plane had hit the WTC. Watching the news reports in horror, I continued to get ready and arrived at my school before the 2nd plane hit, where all the staff and most of the students were deeply affected by the tragedy as it unfolded. We didn't cancel classes but remained available to listen to the kids as they tried to make sense of what happened. Strength in community helped all of us get through the day, though we were all changed by it.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9276 posts)
I was on a roof, when the first plane hit I thought it was the local radio station with a pretty sick radio bit. It wasn't until 15 minutes into the report that I realized it wasnt a joke.

My most memorable part about the day night and days following - was the quiet of the night sky , no planes were in the air. the highway near our house was quiet , eerily quiet.

I was more sicked a few weeks later when I went to a game at the meadowlands and saw the rubble from the stadium across the river first hand. Something I will never forget

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9724 posts)
I was at work when an announcement came over the radio. Towers being hit, Pentagon, PA flight. Before long the shop shut down, and everyone was sent home for the day.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1440 posts)
I was rocking my two week old son on my forearm while watching CNBC.

I learned later that two of my former co-workers were killed in one of the buildings that was crushed when the towers fell.

Boston MA
Username hidden
(8979 posts)
I was at a clients home and thought they had a movie on, till she said its live. At the time they still did not know about the Pentagon, I heard it on the radio in my car and made a mad dash, along with a ton of other parents, and took my girls out of school. Went home and CNN was turned on and left on.

Shamokin PA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
TOPIC: 9-11-12