1925 v 2005 : Swingers Discussion 44502
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen Forum1925 v 2005
TOPIC: 1925 v 2005
Created by: perfectmatch The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
User Details are only visible to members.
1956 - The minimum wage was $1.00/hr - The average family income was $4,000 - mostly from one income. A family with two wage earners at minimum wage was middle income. A single income family at minimum wage was at a comfortable working class income and could afford to make that choice if they wanted one of them to stay home with kids. A top CEO was compensated about 50x the minimum wage.

2005 - The minimum wage is $5.15/hr - The average family income is $55,000 - mostly from two incomes. A family with two minimum wage earners makes only 37% of the middle income. A family with one minimum wage earner is below the poverty line. A top CEO is compensated about 3,000x the minimum wage.

The minimum wage worker's pay went up 5x The middle class worker's pay went up less than 14x (more of those households are 2 income than before so it's probably more like 9x) The CEO compensation went up about 300x

(Oh, and for anybody who thinks this is just leftist ranting, I'm advocating a return to the economics of Eisenhower)

Bellevue WA
Username hidden
(45 posts)
1925 .....10 - 25 % of marriages end in divorce 2005 ......75 % of marriages end in divorce

1925.... kids had respect 2005.... kids say what is respect

1925....husbands worked mom's took care of family. = respectful kids 2005... both parents work kids raised by daycare = what is respect

thinks 1925 was better for a family than now.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
"I parked my Dusenberg outside the saloon would you ladies like to take a ride in the country to watch the submarine races."

Hey babe, lets get out of this smoky bar, my Lexus is parked in the rear and we can check out the fine leather in the backseat... together!

hmmm... not everything has changed in 80 years!

PS. substituting model "T" and Chevy Malibu are acceptable, but not in my post!

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
1925: Dad and Mom worked hard long hours to put a roof over our heads, and food on the plate. //// 2005: Mom and Dad both work long hours, so they can afford three SUVs, four TVs with cable and HBO, and buy every last little gadget they want to purchase but don't really need with their over drawn credit cards. //// In 80 years, technology has made our lives easier, but we never seem to be able to relax and smell the roses. We just keep buying things and trying to figure out where to stuff it.

Barau Kuhistoni Badakhshon Tajikistan
Username hidden
(14 posts)
VA, I had to walk up hill and downhill in tons of snow and ice storms as well.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12139 posts)
Back in 1925, people had to WALK to school through three feet of snow. Uphill!

I know it's true. My parents told me so. :-)

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
hell just look at what we have seen in our lifetimes........ flying planes, going to the moon. went from black and white tv with 3 channels to digital tv with 3000 channels, wood coal stove ovens used for cooking and heat to micro waves,. blenders,electric mixers,cars that go faster then 20mph muscle cars to boats. computors that fit on a small desk and laptops as opposed to those that took huge rooms.heavy black ma bell phones with dial to , the bag cell phones to the mini cell phones. We went from dinner taking 3-5 hours to dinners done in minutes . the social changes dinners at the table to dinners watching tv to dinners at different times for many families. Could all these changes be the breakdown to all social chaqnges?Where people no longer take responsibility for themselves?

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
the diffrence between back then and now in my opinion is the break down of morals. we can no longer correct our children in public with out sombody sticking there nose in and calling child services. back then if you got in trouble in school you got a smack on the butt and a note went home with you and you got another one at home, or a neighbor corrected you. our sociaty has becom to liberal in it's morals and we have let our childern rule us instead of we the parents being the one who rules.

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(46 posts)
I drive a Toyota instead of a Whippet!

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
"At least we don't have Al Capone & John Dillinger & Bonnie & Clyde running around machine-gunning up our cities! Nowadays we kill people just one or two at a time. MUCH more civilized, don't you think?"

In those days, gangsters were known nationwide, today there are so many no one keeps track of the names.

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
TOPIC: 1925 v 2005