replacing pool liner : Swingers Discussion 153403
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsMen Talkreplacing pool liner
TOPIC: replacing pool liner
Created by: daringduo1020
Original Starting post for this thread:
our pool liner needs replaced and........................... I was thinking of putting the new liner over the old one to help reduce the risk of tears in the new liner. any thoughts or experience with this ?
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Nothing, but nothing, has migrated through the 1/2 thick mats in 4 years. In my opinion much better than sand and much softer too :-) But I do agree prep is the key and most important is being absolutely level . Another suggestion if you or others have an Intex pool like we do - Dump the pump and filter! Garbage! We bought a much better pump for the same price and with a longer warranty. What a difference. When the old pump went out we bought the new one and in about 14 hrs went from pond scum green to crystal clear water. We also converted ours to salt water, supposed to be softer and the chlorine generator converts the salt to chlorine. We wouldn't do that one again, never seems to work right.

Hendersonville TN

Username hidden
(1188 posts)
Daring, don't just throw the old liner away, there are a lot of uses for it.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
Thanks again for the advice. dont think I will use the mats but had thought of dropping the old liner down to use as extra protection from tears in the new one since the old liner had a tear I patched years ago.

old liner would still be good but life was so chaotic last fall I never put the winter cover on and drained it this spring to clean with a sump pump using an old cookie sheet under the pump and dropped the pan when done draining which punched a 1 foot wide hole in the curved portion at the bottom.....live and learn.

wont be doing this till May when I am on Vacation.

Niagara Falls NY

Username hidden
(1021 posts)
With a good base of sand it will do the same thing. The site prep is key prior to erecting the pool the sand also allows to build up a cove base at the Edges. If the site is not prepped prior to installation, those items you mention could still migrate through. not a good or bad idea , just something to consider.

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9625 posts)
We used the 2x2? rubber gym mats (Sams Club)under our pool liner and what a dfference! No rocks or twigs just soft rubber under your feet. We highly recommend it

Hendersonville TN

Username hidden
(1188 posts)
Forgot to mention they make good duck ponds for a season or two.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
Don't cut up your liner you may be able to sell it if you have no holes in it, depending on the shape it is in. Old pool liners are sometimes used as tarps and roof liners for yurts can even be used as a tipi if the color is not a problem with the user.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
Smart..... good luck if you have any questions email me directly

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9625 posts)
Thanks Looking,

I was thinking of getting more sand and smooth it out. guess I will ditch the plan of using the old liner.

Niagara Falls NY

Username hidden
(1021 posts)
another tidbit that helps is if you attatch a shopvac to the discharge pipe while you are setting the liner.... ( do not cut the hole through the liner)this way it sucks out any air, and allows you an easier way of taking out all the wrinkles the other way is by filling @ an inch of water into the bottom of the pool but the liner is really to heavy to move to any degree, also @ 2 dozen super Paper clips ( legal) to hold the liner over the side , come in handy (you can use sping clamps w/ card board over the liner as well to protect the liner as well)

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9625 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: replacing pool liner