Vasectomy: What it was like for me : Swingers Discussion 1700051031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsMen TalkVasectomy: What it was like for me
TOPIC: Vasectomy: What it was like for me
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   31 to 40 of 115   End
User Details are only visible to members.
It was really one of the easiest things that I have done. In on a friday, some discomfort over the weekend and some tenderness during the week. Yes the shots suck, but that is only for a few moments till the drugs kick in. Insurance covers most of the procedure, which is nice little caveat. Plus if you ever decide that you want to have children again, it is reversible to a point.

Marion OH
Username hidden
(2 posts)
I was actually able to get knocked out for the procedure. The Doctor told insurance that he wanted to scope my bladder. Didn't feel a thing until that night. It was a mild pain for a few days, and the entire area was sensitive. I thought it would have been much worse.

Good part is you have to empty at least once a day for a few weeks, and the misses was more than willing to help out with that.

Was totally worth it, and made the wife happy. Plus never have to worry about it again.

Pembroke Pines FL
Username hidden
(99 posts)
Make sure you've thought everything out entirely, don't be "on the fence" about it.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1422 posts)
Funny, the doctor near my house that does this procedure that everyone I know went to see was Dr. Nutting. Not joking. He's in Dearborn MI. I wonder if you need a goofy innuendo name to get into this field. I'm SO on the fence about getting this done. My wife HATES condoms. We don't use the pill. So this seems like a reasonable thing to do. ugh

Redford MI
Username hidden
(303 posts)
That's funny alias. Mine is scheduled for this Friday, and was originally supposed to be "Dr. Payne", but he had to reschedule, and now it's being done by "Dr. Ick". I'm not making this up.

Kingsport TN
Username hidden
(151 posts)
aliasname - glad it worked for ya. Welcome to the forum.

Marietta OH
Username hidden
(1450 posts)
Had mine in 1977 by a urologist named Dr. Hurt, and it did!

Ended up divorced a year later, was single for three years before marrying again.

Three years later we wanted kids (there were none in first marriage) so I got the reversal done and procreated about a month later.

Never say never.

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8 posts)
It's not a matter of "not owning up to," for me it wasn't that bad. Sure the shot in each testicle sucks, but that's over in a minute. The recovery took me a little under a week and I was sore for a few days. Compared to being able to enjoy my wife, and a select few others, the way I can now is totally worth it. I compared it to what my wife went through delivering kids and figured since she did that, I could do this.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1422 posts)
Wow. A lot of guys not owning up that this procedure sucks! You lay on a table with your feet in those stirrups while you pecker is taped to your belly, only to have clamps hanging from your vas. The shots feel the worst. My doctor had to give it to me twice in my second side because it wasn't working 100%. Then the healing. It's no picnic. To make it worse, I had some of my semen leak out of the vas during healing, which caused an infection. So my healing time was about a week. Even then I still had a little pain for a few weeks. I hated every minute of the surgery and the recovery. However, I will say that I fully enjoy the liberty that it gives me now. The wife is happy because she isn't on that damn pill that made her moody and insane sometimes, or I don't have to strap on the silicone skin. We still keep some of those around though....

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(5 posts)
I got a "Twofer" about 15 years ago. I was already scheduled to go under the knife for a double hernia, so I said, "Hey Doc...while your in the neigborhood, how much more to take care of that while I'm knocked out?". $40 extra, and I was asleep the entire time. The hernia recovery masked any unpleasant feeling from the Vasectomy.

Of course the rude photos the nursing staff took of me while I was knocked out still haunt me, but the procedure was a snap (or maybe a snip).

North Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(21 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   31 to 40 of 115   End
TOPIC: Vasectomy: What it was like for me