This old house : Swingers Discussion 2032031011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsMen TalkThis old house
TOPIC: This old house
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 12 of 12 
User Details are only visible to members.
My experience level is minimal, but here's something you might try.

You probably have already done this, but if not, give your utility company a call and have them send out a person (usually free of charge) to evalutate your home in terms of insulation and leaks to the outside.

They can offer printed and verbal information and advice that perhaps is less self-serving than you would get from the insulation companies. You may also get some kind of tax rebate or incentive from the utility if you involve them.

I do know that srayed-on foam can be extremely efficient (expensive, too), but if you have issues with leakage of air from around windows, electrical plugs, doors, etc. much of the benefit of proper insulation can be lost.

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
Insulation, We bought a home built in 1967 that was gutted,added on to and remodeled. But I think they skipped on the insulation. There is next to no attic room due to the remodel also. My electric bill is thru the roof when I need to use the A/C 24/7 and the A/C unit is not the problem. I had that checked.

My question is does anyone have any experience having purchased insulation. Right now I'm looking at : A. foam vs B. traditional blow in kind

The pest control company keeps pushing treated insulation but there is no way I'm using that.

I like what I'm reading about the foam kind as more modern and long term benefits. But only have online reviews to use as feed back.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance with a wifey flash.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3335 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 12 of 12 
TOPIC: This old house