Scotch Drinkers Unite : Swingers Discussion 447411011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsMen TalkScotch Drinkers Unite
TOPIC: Scotch Drinkers Unite
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 19 of 19 
User Details are only visible to members.
Oops! I'm sorry. My mistake. I thought this thread was titled "Scotch Drnkers Urinate!" LOL

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I toyed around with the idea of collecting scotches, I did ask around (perhaps to the wrong people??) about the roi on scotch and on average most folks and places said a 5% return over 10 yrs would be considered good.

But nonetheless, I can't imagine myself being able to keep an exceptional bottle around for any extended period of time. I guess also, I just cant see putting serious money into liquor without a standard reference.

For instance I asked around about some 50 yo 'super premiums' and none were under a grand - which wasnt the issue, the question was what was it gioing to be worth in 10/11 yrs when I'd like to drink it.

So I place it before everyone here -- would scotch make for a nice personal investment?

Zig - workin his ass off to get THAT bottle

Frederick MD

Username hidden
(166 posts)
I found a great scotch resource site - its located at w3 dot singlemaltsdirect dot com. If ordering online, they do have a currency converter.

I've also read in more than one place that the Johnny Walker blue scotch ain't all that. Which when i saw the price a few months ago-- i told the clerk - there is no way a johnny walker is gonna getch that much. I dont think Ive ever had a johnny walker scotch - but for some reason i've always thought of it as a rail drink more so than a drink one has just for sheer pleasure. (free feel to comment on your opin for johnny walker)

Also, if one does a search on Forbes for scotch - they identify the 4 catergories of scotches (i didnt know there were categories) -- and much to my surprise none of the scotchs I enjoy were under the 'super premiums' -- Yur's says it was no surprise to her LOL. Nonetheless, I guess I just have naturally good selection ROFLMAO --

Zig --

Frederick MD

Username hidden
(166 posts)
I like the taste of Royal Salute, It is purchased in a ceramic bottle and is a bit pricey so it is for special occasions. My dad turned me on to it as he and a friend drank it every New Year even if they were not together. Light up that Macanudo and polish the shot glasses! Just seemed right to help him with that bottle every year. After all a good son would never let his dad drink Royal Salute alone!

Brownwood TX

Username hidden
(11437 posts)
I tend to favor the highland, and Speyside drams as a personal choice. The lowland and Isley drams are definitely an aquired taste, as I don't care for the aftertaste of the peat. But before I back myself into a corner - I do partake in the lowland drams some when drinking with experienced scotch drinkers.

One of the key reasons I like the single-malts is no matter how much i drink, its doubtful I'll have a hangover the next day.

Another great scotch I'd recommend is the Glenlivet French Oak Finish (12yr). Glenlivet is my standard dram for an everyday scotch (not that I drink everyday tho!)

I havent had an opportunity to try any of the Balevenie drams yet - though I do hear they are an exceptional drink. Although I was amazed that the 21 yr old is under 90 bucks - it may soon be on my next shopping excursion.

Of course, the Macallan drams are never far from the mark for a good sipping with good friends.

Frederick MD

Username hidden
(166 posts)
Yes the shery cask of Glen Mornagine is my favorite as well.....can't go wrong with the single malt scotch's. They are without a doubt the best!!!

Also if you like good bourbon I bought a bottle of EAGLE RARE....try it...YOU'LL like it...not alot of charcoal aftertaste but a subtle sweetness that makes it unique!

Washington PA

Username hidden
(199 posts)
I do not have the most expensive taste, but I love a glass of Dewars on the rocks, and a good cigar while sitting in front of the fire in the back yard on a cool evening after a long week at work. Wow that was a mouthful......... Now if it's not my tab......lol I will order Dalwhinney.

Elmer NJ

Username hidden
(3110 posts)
Glen Moranganie is a terrific scotch. We usually keep a bottle of Dalmore around for our special guests.

One of our best friends is Scots-woman. We bought her an assortment of 12 scotches in a special gift box for Christmas one year. They were all single malts aged 8-12 years from what I can remember. It had a book that described each of the scotches, where each was distilled and the attributes of each. The book had us start by tasting the highland scotches and working our way down to the lowland scotches, the last scotch being one that is distlled at sea level. We learned a lot about scotch that night and discovered that lowland scotches must be an aquired taste. The water used in the distillation of lowland scotches picks up a great degree of flavor from the peet bogs it trickles down through to reach the lowlands. Once you taste a lowland scotch you will never forget it.

I find I much prefer a highland scotch. One of the best we have ever bought is a 12 year old Tomatin. Smoky with a malty sweetness.

Henderson NV

Username hidden
(405 posts)
I don't expect this thread to get very large, but since I don't drink beer I can't partake in the BEER thread (awwww).

I know there HAS to be some avid scotch drinkers out there. Now as my gf (yur) will attest, I'm not a heavy drinker - but when it comes to scotch I am pretty particular what I like.

Personally, I like the single-malts, no blended stuff for me. It should be at least 12 years old. I haven't had an opportunity to try anything older than 18 years (yet) and I am promising myself that for my 50th birthday (11 yrs from now) I WILL be drinking a 50 year-old scotch (trust me you dont wanna know the price).

My latest foray into some nice scotch has been the Glen Moranganie Sherry Wood finish (12 yr). Me and my best bud enjoyed that bottled and both of us fully agreed that it was perhaps the best scotch we ever had.

So for all the avid scotch drinkers -- heres a toast. |_|

Zig

Frederick MD

Username hidden
(166 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 19 of 19 
TOPIC: Scotch Drinkers Unite