Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Men Talk Pitiful treatment of single males
TOPIC: Pitiful treatment of single males
GoTo Page: Less ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Start   521 to 528 of 528 
User Details are only visible to members.
I have seen things from both sides. I have been on here as a single and as a couple. As a couple, we were always kind to single males. Even those who were obviously jerks looking to get a quick lay.

As a single male I don't send out e-mails. I figure that if a couple is searching for a solo dude they will read my profile and ask for photos if they are interested. Many profiles state, "SINGLE MALES, WE WILL FIND YOU!" My wife and I previously having a couple's understand this sentiment. Single males can be a pain in the ass. As a group, we don't help our cause. It's been said a thousand times here. The many bad ones spoil it for the few good ones.

That being said, I have had a few couples who send me one line e-mails. Couples don't want one line e-mails. Why would a solo dude? They say something like, "She may be interested. Open all your pics. She has to be attracted." She has to be attracted? Duh! Perhaps, I may want to be attracted, too.

My best advice to solo guys is to just be pleasant and not self centered. As a couple, I sometimes felt that a guy thought my wife was a free prostitute. Ultimately, the best thing to do is go to a club, house party, or M/G and mingle around. Personally, that isn't my thing but, I think that is the best advice for new SM's.

Always remember that you are a guest in their relationship. It is about the man as much as it is about the woman. If you treat him with respect then he will be more open to sharing. This is all a generalization, of course. That being said, SM's will have still have difficulty because of other's misbehavior and stupidity. I can understand the views of both sides.

Lastly, if you are so desperate to get laid head down to the ATM. I think you know what I mean. :-)

Cleveland OH
Username hidden
(126 posts)
Josie, welcome to forumland. I apologize on behalf of the single men here who have not said anything welcoming. A positive attitude is always the best course. We look for patience in a prospective meeting, and red flags would include demands to see racy pictures, graphic descriptions of "what she likes", etc.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Josie - we are with you. The no shows suck. I can handle the attitude if they would ever show up. Never knew there could be so many last minute funerals and weddings.

We are at about 10% show rate. The ones who are the most enthusiastic about "showing her a good time" (and much worse choice of words, including doing her better than I can) are the ones who never show.

We have an event this weekend that will either help restore our faith in SMs or reinforce the lack of sympathy we have for them.

Cedar Rapids IA
Username hidden
(73 posts)
2W's "I understand that some single guys are jerks and what not, but certainly that is not the case in every instance. It's unfortunate."

Well, it is also unfortunate that a LOT of couples are jerks, who misrepresent themselves in many of the attributes (physically and otherwise) they tout in their profiles and whose whose male half behaves as if they are doing single males a favor. They're pretty easy to spot, though, so usually the sm hasn't wasted very much time with them.

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
"I honestly don't mind the adverse and tepid initial reaction to single male's. Talk to some couples or single females and listen to their horror stories about the rude, pushy, illiterate, and borderline stalker SM's that inundate their experiences on these sites and you begin to understand why it's an uphill battle for us normal ones. "

Or just read some forum posts...Yikes! Since a very tender, young age I've been embarrassed by most of the representatives of my birth-given sex.

Uphill battle for us normal ones? I like the challenge!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
it is a shame that the bad ones make it harder for the good ones. MOST of the ones I have encountered are actually nice. Do I get emails all the time that do not meet what I'm looking for. Yes I do. I actually have in our profile that we do not meet on short notice or week-days and still get emails "hey wanna meet tonight" on a tuesday night. Oh it also says your email must catch my attention and your profile.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17877 posts)
*SMH - Duuuudes, you're killing me here!

Sorry for the pitiful and "uncool" treatment and experiences you've had with SM.

I for one will be championing a new era! And if I get my message out, I should be as busy as Nic! LOL

ItsBeen

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
I got a message from one the first day my wife and I signed up and the guy was like, i'll rock both your worlds and will make the wife happy 24/7. I was shocked to see something like this since we have only been doing this since July.

New Braunfels TX
Username hidden
(79 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Start   521 to 528 of 528 
TOPIC: Pitiful treatment of single males