PSA readings : Swingers Discussion 157769
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsMen TalkPSA readings
TOPIC: PSA readings
Created by: twoceltics The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
I have a reading of 1. which the doctor says is good.

I'm 39. But i would recommend you ask your doc.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
At 58 I had a PSA every 6 month for 7 years. The finding was from 2 to 2.5 Then one test showed up a 6.5 and I had a Biopsy done and That showed to be positive cancer. I had another PSA taken 3 months later before I started Radiation and that test came back reading 2.8 with cancer positive. Going on two years post treatment now and my PSA is 1.7 to 2.2. HAVE YOUR TEST AND STAY PROACTIVE. The doctors are guessing on PSA and the good doctors will tell you that There is the statement " If you live long enough will die with prostate cancer or from prostate cancer."

Though a good number to stay close to is 2 to 3.5 so says the paper work I have read that a guy thought he should have a biopsy when his PSA came in at 500..............

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Here are the results of a study done in 1998 showing age-specific PSAs for patients who did not have signs of cancer. Thus the following would be considered "normal" ranges:

PSA values for each age group were:

1.7 +/- 1.1 ng/ml for 40–49 years

2.0 +/- 1.2 ng/ml for 50–59 years

2.9 +/- 1.7 ng/ml for 60–69 years

3.5 +/- 2.0 ng/ml for 70–79 years

However, there are numerous factors which need to be taken into consideration and are well above my knowlege level. Make an appointment to speak with your doctor ASAP. It is important that they explain exactly what the risk is to you!

Chad

Ruther Glen VA
Username hidden
(55 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: PSA readings