Low T and a place called The Low T Center does anybody know anything about it : Swingers Discussion 237764
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsMen TalkLow T and a place called The Low T Center does anybody know anything about it
TOPIC: Low T and a place called The Low T Center does anybody know anything about it
Created by: Tunaking
Original Starting post for this thread:
<span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif">I have an apointment at the Low T Center and was wondering if anybody knew anything about this place. Based upon symptoms I think I might have low T and want to get checked out. Thanks for any help.</span>

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 35   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The only side effect I experienced was unexpected weight gain - typically you lose body fat on testosterone and gain muscle. In my case I was gaining muscle and body fat. The root cause was my estrogen (E2) levels spiked. E2 is a powerful testosterone receptor antagonist. What this means is that estradiol binds to androgen receptors and renders them useless. When testosterone binds to an androgen receptor, it activates the receptor and you get the effect you're looking for. When estradiol binds to that receptor, it blocks testosterone from binding, yet it does not active the receptor, so nothing happens.

This means that if your estradiol is high, no matter how much testosterone you have, it isn't helping you as it should because too many of your androgen receptors are blocked by estradiol and your free testosterone has no where to go. When my 3 month blood test came in, my estrogen had jump from 20 to 79 - I was on the verge of watching soap operas and Oprah. Fortunately, it is a simply fix. The doctor prescribed an aromatase inhibitor (AI) to block the estrogen and I immediately started losing the weight I had gained. Other than the temporary E2 level spike every effect has been extremely positive. My wife is now the biggest proponent of testosterone on the planet as she says it makes me much easier to get along with and much hornier (like I am 20 again) - both good things from her perspective

Nashville TN
Username hidden
(76 posts)
Thanks for the replies UHW and comanche, very helpful. Have any of you experienced any side effects……..desireable or undesirable?

Albertville AL
Username hidden
(124 posts)
Thanks NIC - I understand that effect first hand :)

As for Testosterone injections being covered but not the creams - that is typically because the injections are by far the least expensive protocol and also the most effective. Therefore the insurance companies do not want to cover the more expensive options that have a lower chance of success. The creams are dependent upon you personal skin absorption rate and tend to require more cream over time as your skin thickens and absorbs less. The creams also have the potential problem of cross contamination with your significant other by coming into contact with those areas before the cream is absorbed. (or even clothing that has been in contact with those areas). I highly recommend the injections to anyone considering it. My T level was 330 before injections - this was on the low side of normal, but my free testosterone and bio-available were nearly non-existent. Since I started injections I am cruising at T-levels in the 1050-1100 range and my free and bio-available T is spot on.

Nashville TN
Username hidden
(76 posts)
knead, my insurance did not cover the ceams/gels but DOES cover the injectables. Go figure.

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(322 posts)
Just curious if these types of treatments are covered by health insurance. I have Blue Cross. Has anyone had it covered fully or partially?

Albertville AL
Username hidden
(124 posts)
I tried the creams/gels but with limited success and so my doctor asked if I would be willing to try the injectable testosterone and since my wife is a retired nurse I agreed. She injects me every 14 days (my doc did NOT recommend the once a month) and the results have been great.

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(322 posts)
For the record Mr. UHW, my libido is through the roof every time I look at your wife's pics.

;^D

Poland OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
Upscale…….thanks a million, will definitely follow up with her.

Albertville AL
Username hidden
(124 posts)
Sure, Dr. Benita Phillips of Body Logic MD here in Nashville. She is a big proponent of Testosterone replacement and stays current on all of the latest protocols. It has made a world of difference for me and if you suspect Low-T then it is well worth investigating. My energy is up, my strength is up, my mood is improved, and my libido is through the roof. I happily recommend her.

Nashville TN
Username hidden
(76 posts)
Mr Upscalehotwife, Hi. I live in northeast Alabama and after doing quite a bit of research haven't found a reputable physician that would take this seriously. Apparently there are some around Nashville as you were tested and treated there (I assume). Nashville is easily reached, curious if you would share a name? Thanks

Albertville AL
Username hidden
(124 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 35   End
TOPIC: Low T and a place called The Low T Center does anybody know anything about it