Low T : Swingers Discussion 2161361034
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsMen TalkLow T
TOPIC: Low T
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   34 to 43 of 75   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I think you may have misread the warning about testosterone and prostate cancer. The warning is that if you have prostate cancer testosterone may accelerate its growth. Testosterone does not in itself cause prostate cancer.

This is true whether the testosterone is produced naturally by your body or you attain it through hormone replacement therapy.

In the past one of the common methods of slowing prostrate cancer was castration in the hopes that the patient would have a longer life.

So, if you do not have prostate cancer you may take testosterone. Just make certain that you are checked on a regular basis for prostate cancer. Of course, if you are over 50 and have naturally occurring testosterone in the 600-1000 level you should be just as concerned about prostate cancer as those of us who us use a replacement therapy.

Colorado Springs CO
Username hidden
(62 posts)
Some studies have even suggested risk: an increase in red blood cell production, which can thicken blood and make patients more vulnerable to heart attack and stroke. There are also concerns about prostate cancer.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16798 posts)
Green,

My hubbys urologist, during every annual physical, since he turned 40 has discussed the risks of taking T supplement. One of those risks is the cancer issue. Being a PT im aware ov the risk too, as many in the physical fitness take T. Hubby is a physical fitness nut and is always interested in supps that would aid him in muscle development. Thus his curiosty. I believe that its irresponsible to claim that there is no risk when there clearly is, when taking a t supp.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16798 posts)
My wife was enjoying stabbing me in the butt with that big needle tooo much. Thats why after I load the syring I change to a smaller needle and inject myself in the upper leg. It's alittle sore the next day, but I don't have to sit on it.

Douglassville PA
Username hidden
(33 posts)
I had my testosterone checked in Dec 2012 and my level was 131. My Dr said I needed testosterone therapy. I chose the injections over the cream just because of the cost. Since Dec 2011 I had no interest in sex and we had sex 4-5 times a week before Dec 2011. I haven't been back to the Dr for a check up. The Dr gave 3 refills on the Testosterone liquid he had me take. I take 1 and a half cc every 3 weeks it took 6-9 weeks before I could tell it was working. Now I feel I'm back to normal and the sex is back to 4-5 tx per week. The bottles on testosterone I buy cost $10 for a 10cc bottle and I think I will need 5-6 bottles per year. The shots do hurt a little and some hurts a lot if my wife happens to be mad at me for something LOL. Since Dec I am almost done with I 2nd bottle.............Keith

Warren OH
Username hidden
(1 post)
Read the disclaimer on the labels

Duluth GA
Username hidden
(19 posts)
It doesn't increase the chances either.

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
Didn't say it caused cancer. I said it increased the chances.

Duluth GA
Username hidden
(19 posts)
NOT true. Testosterone does NOT cause cancer. However, if a man HAS prostate cancer, it can make it grow faster. But it does not cause cancer.

Someone close to me was diagnosed recently with prostate cancer. He was getting Testosterone pellet therapy. Three surgeons told him that the testosterone pellet therapy was his "Guardian Angel" as they enabled the cancer to be caught in extremely early stages. 3-3 on the Gleason scale with an excellent prognosis. They also went on to say that after his prostate is removed and he is cancer free for about 3 months, he can start the testosterone pellet therapy again.

Here are two articles: 1. from Harvard Medical School. 2. National Library of Medicine, National Institute of Health. From Harvard Medical Health Publication: Testosterone seen unrelated to prostate cancer risk

Researchers have long believed that male sex hormones, including testosterone, influence the risk of prostate cancer. However, a collaborative analysis of 18 prospective studies, published in February 2008, determined that they are not associated with prostate cancer risk.

Launched by the Endogenous Hormones and Prostate Cancer Collaborative Group, this study pooled data from 18 previous trials, the results of which had been inconsistent. Some found minor associations between some hormones and cancer, while others did not. Individually, however, those studies had limited power to determine a link.

In this new study, researchers examined data on testosterone levels in a total of 3,886 patients with prostate cancer and 6,438 healthy men. They found that men with the highest testosterone levels were just as likely to develop prostate cancer as men with the lowest. The same held true for concentrations of other sex hormones, including DHT, estradiol, and androstenedione.

The role of testosterone in prostate cancer has not been well understood. Many scientists believe that it fuels the disease because treatments that block the hormone cause tumors to shrink. Over time, however, cancers deprived of testosterone resume their growth. That knowledge, combined with the latest findings, may spur scientists to shift their focus to other risk factors.

SOURCE: Endogenous Hormones and Prostate Cancer Collaborative Group, Roddam AW, Allen NE, et al. Endogenous Sex Hormones and Prostate Cancer: A Collaborative Analysis of 18 Prospective Studies. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2008;100:170–83. PMID: 18230794.

Originally published April 2009; last reviewed February 24, 2011.

From the National Library of Medicine, National Institute of Health: Testosterone is not the cause of prostate cancer, but is considered essential for the growth of these tumors. There are many circulating androgenic compounds, including dihydrotestosterone (DHT) androstenedione, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate (DHEA-S). Many of these compounds are adrenal products that can be converted to the metabolically active DHT

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
I just had a conversation with my URO and he said taking on T can increase chances of prostate cancer. There is a reason why T levels decrease with age. it is protective because of the increased odds of prostate cancer.

Duluth GA
Username hidden
(19 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   34 to 43 of 75   End
TOPIC: Low T