Low T : Swingers Discussion 2161361033
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsMen TalkLow T
TOPIC: Low T
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... More 
Start   33 to 42 of 60   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Where do you do the injections. I went to my doctor today and my t level is 255.

Hamburg NY

Username hidden
(49 posts)
Don't waste you time or money on Ageless Man, I took it for 9 months and just recently had my T checked, it was 211. It's supposed to be between 700-900. Just took my first shot last Thursday.

Alabaster AL

Username hidden
(16 posts)
I had a pituitary tumor removed in February of this year. Now my T level is at 0 according to my endocrinologist. He has prescribed be T shots. Does anyone else self inject and if so how has it helped or hurt you?

Belton SC

Username hidden
(1 post)
We tried the creams but they did not get the job done and our insurance did not cover them either. My doc asked if I would be willing to try the injections and and I agreed as my wife is a retired nurse. They work GREAT and the insurance covers them too. My last blood work had my T levels at 11.0 and my energy levels are thru the roof. Oh and the wife smiles a lot now too.

Spring Branch TX

Username hidden
(301 posts)
My first thought is what dose are you getting? Most guys should last between 4-5 months. 2.5 months is not very long, unless you are getting a low dose. What is a low dose? I would say 600 mgs and below. Most men I know get between 1000-1600 mgs. My husband gets 1200.

I know of one other man, coincidently in MN too, that got either 400-600 mgs and they didn't do as well either. Are you him? Lol...

Yes, massage and heat can activate them. But that won't help if the dose is running out. I had a massage once and was probably 8 weeks after insert. I wasn't thinking when he was working a "knot" on my butt. Boy, did I feel a rush of goodness for a few days!

Make sure you get your PSA tested when on pellets.

Scottsdale AZ

Username hidden
(172 posts)
You're welcome.

I do use College Pharmacy. My doctor discouraged the pellets because of the relatively high dosage I would need. My cost is ~$60.00 per month. I take 3ML of 5% cream once daily.

Because I had a history of success using Androgel I leaned toward the cream anyway. I tried the sub lingual tablet because my wife was using them. Bad mistake. I think that I needed such a large dosage that the little patch of skin under my tongue was not big enough to absorb a sufficient amount of medication.

With the sub lingual even if you didn't eat or drink anything saliva will have washed most if not all the medication out of your mouth within 30 minutes or so. With the cream, the skin becomes a reservoir storing the meds which is then absorbed over several hours. In addition, the cream is spread over a HUGE area compared to the small area under the tongue.

My wife's prescription is for a very tiny amount relative to mine.

I think this has been a good conversation. Hopefully someone reading it has found information that will help them.

Mr. C

Colorado Springs CO

Username hidden
(58 posts)
Thank you for the compliment!

10 years is a long time. I'm glad they are working for you.

May I ask what your monthly cost is for the cream?

Based on where you live, I would guess you get it from College or Belmar Pharmacy? If not, I’d appreciate the name. I get lots of requests for pharmacy/doctor referrals and would like to add this pharmacy to my list if it’s not one of those two. College is one of the largest pellet suppliers and my pellets come from there.

Was your sublingual a tablet or troche? Interesting that they didn’t work as well for you and they do for your wife. I know many that try them and it’s a love/hate relationship as well.

The pharmacist in my Yahoo group trained College Pharmacy in making BHRT and pellets. He also has close connections with Belmar. One of the pharmacist’s at Belmar in also in my group. Mrs GE

Scottsdale AZ

Username hidden
(172 posts)
Thanks Mrs. Greeneyes. Beautiful eyes by the way. :)

I have been taking gels/creams for about 10 years. I have never had any problems with them being effective.

I tried a sub lingual tablet but they didn't work for me.

I considered the pellets but they were not cost competitive with the creams/gels and the creams/gels work for me.

The issue with transference has never been a problem. Although I used the gels for 8 years, Mrs C was still testosterone deficient. She used a cream the contained estrogen, testosterone and DHEA. It worked fine for her but she decided to try the sub lingual and it works fine too. She has been using them for about 2 years now with good results.

My point previously and now is that the various therapies work. Each of us needs to do the research to find the one that is best for us.

Colorado Springs CO

Username hidden
(58 posts)
I enjoy good dialog so no offense taken. However, this is Mrs Greeneyes. I will address each point below. Since formatting is not an option, I indented my response.

Mr. Greeneyes, you do not state whether you have ever tried the gels/creams so we don't know whether you are speaking from personal experience or...... Mr. Greeneyes used gels/creams for a year before using pellets. His T levels dropped from 397 to 196 and he felt zero benefit from them. He could tell a difference within 4 days of getting pellets. He won’t consider going back to using gels. I used creams for a year before starting on pellets 9 years ago. I didn’t get any benefit from them either.

The gels/creams are the LEAST invasive hormone replacement therapy. No chance of infection from needles or other instruments that break the skin. While I will agree that it may not be the best approach for everyone, it is certainly a viable option for many, maybe even most. ……. There is always a risk. Gels/creams can also become contaminated as well. No, they do help many people. But so does 2oz of water for a starving man in the desert. But long term, it’s usually not enough. My 8 years of research has brought me into contact with hundreds of women and probably 150 men. I have a Yahoo group with almost 600 members that includes a pharmacist that makes gels, creams, troches, sublingual and pellets. We used to have a doctor as a member that did pellets for over 35 years, however he retired. He trained under the doctor that invented pellets. Most often I get emails from men that start on the gels and after awhile, they start backsliding and want more information. Pellets also take training and it's easier to prescribe a gel/cream than spend the time learning how to do them and get them balanced correctly.

My personal experience. My total testosterone was less than 100!!! With gel/cream therapy, it is approximately 1000 and is STABLE. With the gels, because you get your hormones everyday just like you body used to do it, the levels don't decline near the time for another shot. That is awesome for you! How long have you been doing gels? You have to do it everyday, make sure you wash your hands, don’t come into contact with women, pregnant women or kids until it’s dry. With pellets, I get my hormones everyday as well in the smallest dose my body needs at any given time. It’s not a set amount every day like the amount you rub on. Some inserts last me 4-5 months, other inserts last me 3-4 months. I tend to use more hormones in the spring/summer than fall/winter and my body uses them accordingly.

So, I think the best advice is for each of us to work with our doctors to determine the appropriate therapy for us as individuals. Discouraging people from exploring the gel/cream therapy is not necessarily doing them a service. Maybe it is the one right for them. I agree with you. I never tell people not to do something. However, I have stated that it’s been my experience that the gels and creams don’t work the best overall but for some they do work well. That comes from the hundreds of people I come in contact with in my hormone work. You are welcome to join my Yahoo hormone group. It’s called HormonePellets.

If you are a male getting testosterone replacement therapy GET YOUR PSA tested regularly!!!!! On that, Mr. Greeneyes and I are in total agreement. We also agree that our lives as men are much enhanced by having at a testosterone therapy that works for us. We are leaner, more alert, more ambitious and sexier....pretty nice, HUH!? Ummmmm….I’m not a he.

Please view the above as a discussion designed to bring clarity, not an argument for the sake of argument. :) Never considered it an argument.

Scottsdale AZ

Username hidden
(172 posts)
axiron, one squirt under each armpit. been working great and it does help with a lot of things

Allentown PA

Username hidden
(1140 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... More 
Start   33 to 42 of 60   End
TOPIC: Low T