Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Men Talk Low T
TOPIC: Low T
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   11 to 20 of 78   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I have to agree with lovelife. Its also not just the sexual advantages of it. It has many good advantages Like more energy, loss of weight, less aches and pains.

Hamburg NY
Username hidden
(102 posts)
@ Hotwifetoo, I'm good with having to stay on it. It has improved my quality of life so much, I would pitch a fit if my doctor tried to take me off of it. A 1cc injection in my leg every two weeks is easy and painless. My life has greatly improved and I'm thankful for it.

Mobile AL
Username hidden
(50 posts)
I will when I'm starting to see the physical decline (thinking 60ish at my activity level). I would rather live 10 more good years at that point then 20 more feeble ones.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2763 posts)
As someone who did medical research and now drug discovery, I would NEVER allow myself or my man to use that stuff. Your own body stops making testosterone when you use those drugs and you will have to be on them the rest of your days. Not worth the risks involved.

Username hidden
(37 posts)
@ MrandMrsSmith472. My doctor does blood work on me every 6 months, but I am going to ask her about my estrogen levels just to be sure. Thanks for the advice.

Mobile AL
Username hidden
(50 posts)
Mr Smith is on Test-o-Pel pellets that get injected about every 4 months. Since it is listed as minor surgery, insurance picks up the whole tab! It's a bit of a pain in the posterior (literally) for the first week or two after injection, but effortless after that. Mr Smith has been on various forms of low-T meds since 2006, and this is the best he's found.

One note - your doc should also monitor your estradiol (estrogen) levels during low-T therapy. Men tend to convert excess testosterone into estrogen, and too much estrogen can negate the good of low-T therapy. There are meds you can take to scrub excess estrogen out of your system...

Washington DC
Username hidden
(24 posts)
There are other problems my doctor has with the testosterone gel. If you sweat heavily it won't be absorbed as much that day. You have to leave it on at least 5 hours. Females and pre-puberty males can't come in contact with the area you applied it. It can cause them to go into puberty early. With women, they can come in contact with it and it throw their estrogen levels out of wack. The injection is a much more consistent dose. I can tell towards the end of my two weeks my energy level is lower. As for heart problems, heart desease kills my mothers family and cancer kills my fathers family. If I have this quality of life for a few less years, I will take this fountain of youth. There is also not enough research on the long term use of lower doses of testosterone replacement because it is still relatively new. Works for me, but do your own research.

Mobile AL
Username hidden
(50 posts)
I can only speak from personal experience. About 5 years ago I had my testosterone checked and it was low. I was 41 then. My doctor put me on Andro gel and it worked within a month. I lost weight, gained muscle, I lift weights 5 days a week, I had more energy, improved mood, more sexual desire, stronger erections and improved quality of life. The only draw back was it caused some acne on my shoulders where I applied it. I discussed it with my doctor and she suggested injectable testosterone. After being supervised by a PA for the first injection, I was turned loose. I get a 10ml bottle filled at CVS and take a 1cc injection every two weeks. It's easy to do and I will never stop. It's the fountain of youth for a man. If you haven't gotten your testosterone checked and are over 40, please do it. But be warned that your body will go back to your younger years of getting random erections and being horny! It changes you in a good way. Don't believe these ambulance chasing attorneys that are now after testosterone manufacturers. You won't have roid rage. It's not like doing a cycle of steroids.

Mobile AL
Username hidden
(50 posts)
Curious about the possibility of safely treating low T after a heart attack seven years ago. I currently take blood thinners, blood pressure, and cholesterol lowering meds. Feel great and in decent physical shape, but have all of the signs of low T. Will be seeing my GP soon to discuss but wanted some real world thoughts on this. Has anyone here had heart or blood pressure issues and taken testosterone increasing meds afterward? Thanks…..

Albertville AL
Username hidden
(124 posts)
I havent seen anyone mention the increased risk of cardiovascular disease with test. treatments. I have a app on my phone I use to identify pills. Comes in handy when responding to a 911 call and the Pt. was a Od. on pills he stole from his parents.

On this app it has random news feeds. I saw one about testosterone treatments linked to increased risk of heart attacks. I asked my Dr. about this. And he said yes if its not done right. Jacking up the test to fast is bad according to him. He is against the shots. and uses the compound cream. Claiming this is much safer. I know he treats pro athletes, so I guess i'll take his word for it.

Altamonte Springs FL
Username hidden
(6 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   11 to 20 of 78   End
TOPIC: Low T