Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Men Talk Low T
TOPIC: Low T
Created by: jenmark10
Original Starting post for this thread:
What treatment have you found successful? Any success with herbal supplements, over-the-counter, or topical cremes?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 86   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I used Testim then Androgel for several years and found that my testosterone levels fluctuated quite a bit. It was also a big hassle with the insurance company anytime I needed to get a refill. They wanted to determine the amount I used and would often not supply the prescribed amount. I have switched to a compounded lotion from College Pharmacy in Colorado Springs. They do mail order. My insurance does not cover it but it is still cheaper than the co-pay for Testim and Androgel. I pay about $200 for a 3 month supply.

You might contact them and see if they can provide guidance for your doctor for the correct prescription.

:)

Colorado Springs CO
Username hidden
(66 posts)
Years ago I started with the shots.. and they worked for a lil while, but they weren't consistent. My T would spike and then slowly drop off, leaving me EXTREMELY tired and damn right moody. So my Dr suggested Androgel. Which I have been using for about 10 yrs or so now. I switched between Andogel and Testim ( insurance pending) both worked very well in keeping my fatigue levels in check as well as my libido. My issue with Testim is that it leaves a sticky residue, and has a strong odor even after it dries- which sometimes take AWHILE TO dry.. But when the insurance Co only covers me for the Testim and NOT the Androgel.. Ya' gotta take it where one can. Price points are about the same between the two depending on what pharmacy you shop ($450-$672 per 30 day supply). Hope this helps.

Cuyahoga Falls OH
Username hidden
(1 post)
No one does the implants here, so hubby still does the twice a month injections. *I* have even started a low dose testosterone ointment for women to hopefully up my libido.

Wailuku HI
Username hidden
(1368 posts)
I did injections and the trans-dermal therapy for several years and was never happy with either. After further research, it turns out that activity level has a lot to do with it. If you are very active, the body runs through it in a real hurry and either the dosage goes up or you get a bad fall-off towards the end of the split time (even with the trans-dermal, end of day fatigue). Best thing I have found are the implants. I know of one company that does them out in Arizona. Don't want to plug them here. But it is a constant delivery system, on demand, and lasts anywhere from 4 to six months. Insurance coverage is iffy, at least here, because they are usually willing to treat someone who is low normal/marginal. It is the insurance companies that stand in the way of those. Can be expensive (about $100 per month).

Buckeye AZ
Username hidden
(1 post)
Hubby does T injections twice a month. He may start doing it once a week, tho.

He used to be on Androgel, but got tired of having to be so careful with towel usage, bedding, etc.

Wailuku HI
Username hidden
(1368 posts)
I started low "T" injections 4 weeks ago and it has helped me immensely. 1 injection of testosterone cypionate every Wednesday from Men's Restoration. Insurance covers it. My wife is having a hard time keeping up with me. I would recommend it.

Islip Terrace NY
Username hidden
(4 posts)
T injections "fixed" me!!!! Best think I EVER did medically! My Urologist is the head of a local major medical center urology and male sexual health group and we have consulted often and deeply regarding risk/benefit. My blood is tested every three months for T levels, PSA, estrogen, etc. with ZERO issues. My target level is 8-900.

Besides the sexual benefits even MORE important benefits include trauma recovery (Ortho Doc says I'm 4 months ahead of schedule on full recovery of knee replacement), general energy, sleep quality (a biggie that many people don't understand), and fitness.

The attached pic was taken last April, before knee surgery and only a couple of weeks after starting T injections. 6 feet tall, 260 lbs, 40 inch waist and Ged knows what my BF % was.

As of yesterday's workout . . . still 6 feet tall :), 225 lbs, 32-34 waist, 20% BF, 45" chest. Yeah, the working out and eating better helps, but getting back to where I am now was easier than I could have possibly imagined.

Finally, stay away, stay FAR away from those "Low T" clinics advertising everywhere. My buddy was going to one . . . cost over $200 for a weekly injection that costs me just a few $$$ and Tink is MORE than happy to jab me in the ass once a week LOL!

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(754 posts)
I swear to God my family Dr. tried to get me to use pot when I was having trouble sleeping in shocked the shit out me. He is just an old country Dr. Hell he still makes house calls Charlie

Fort Myers FL
Username hidden
(820 posts)
I take a 1ml shot of 100mg/ml testosterone Cypionate every 10 days. My doctor and I have had to adjust my dosage and frequency of use some due to lifestyle changes and weight loss. She has me check it about every 6 months. On a previous more frequent dosage I started getting too much which can be dangerous. I never wanted the cream or gel because I am rather hairy and I didn't like the idea of accidently rubbing it onto my wife's skin. I started my Low T therapy with transdermal patches but those didn't work well for me. I like to swim a lot and they come off like Band-Aids. Also if you work up a good sweat they will fall off too, not to mention the pain of pulling them off when they do stick.

Plano TX
Username hidden
(41 posts)
Twice weekly shots with dose split in half is the best way to go. No Transdermal or cream as sweat directly effects absorption. I take 50mg every 3.5 days. Sunday morning and Wednesday afternoon. Any other format causes too much of a roller coaster ride. Up and down. Estrogen levels are in check and I feel great.

Kent WA
Username hidden
(1 post)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 86   End
TOPIC: Low T