I never really got it about 4 years ago when some people were like I HATE TALKING ON THE PHONE TEXT ME INSTEAD !!!! I get it now : Swingers Discussion 2032821031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsMen TalkI never really got it about 4 years ago when some people were like I HATE TALKING ON THE PHONE TEXT ME INSTEAD !!!! I get it now
TOPIC: I never really got it about 4 years ago when some people were like I HATE TALKING ON THE PHONE TEXT ME INSTEAD !!!! I get it now
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   31 to 35 of 35 
User Details are only visible to members.
Text messaging, is by necessity or otherwise, an abbreviated metod of communication. It can be frought with miscommunications and misunderstandings as well and therefore, in business, especially, is a "dangerous" method of communication.

I do not find that it takes the place of a voice conversation or a voice mail where you can say what you need to say and instill the nuances and inflections and meanings that actually make conversation real.

Additionally, back-and-forth texting in real time is, I think, foolish, unless cell reception is so poor that voice conversation is impossible and the issue is urgent (texting often can be received and sent even when reception is so poor that your phone will not ring). In general, for me, texting represents a less-than-urgent method of communicating

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
Texting is great, the person you send it to can't claim they forgot... It is written down on their phone. So when they are at work and need to pick up something for themselves for dinner... And forget, you can say "dumb ass, check your text messages!"

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
I hate texts, and rarely read them...

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
It never fails during the work week I will be on the phone with a client and my daughter will try to call me. I'm not a put someone on hold person. Beep beep beep....arrrrrrgh..the she calls my other lines * I have three*...all this and never leaves a voice mail message. Duh if the main line I use is busy I'm on the phone.

Then when I see her when she gets home from work, What did you need that was so urgent? I just wanted to say hey daddy and I love you....~smile~ that's nice but text damn it.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3346 posts)
I never really got it about 4 years ago when some people were like I HATE TALKING ON THE PHONE TEXT ME INSTEAD !!!! I get it now....

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3346 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   31 to 35 of 35 
TOPIC: I never really got it about 4 years ago when some people were like I HATE TALKING ON THE PHONE TEXT ME INSTEAD !!!! I get it now