Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Men Talk I never really got it about 4 years ago when some people were like I HATE TALKING ON THE PHONE TEXT ME INSTEAD !!!! I get it now
TOPIC: I never really got it about 4 years ago when some people were like I HATE TALKING ON THE PHONE TEXT ME INSTEAD !!!! I get it now
Created by: fingerfuxs
Original Starting post for this thread:
I never really got it about 4 years ago when some people were like I HATE TALKING ON THE PHONE TEXT ME INSTEAD !!!! I get it now....

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 35   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I used to hate texting. Then I learned it has several purposes.

- Very loud rooms - Very quiet rooms - low signal areas where a call won't go out but a text might - private conversations - conveying information with people you don't like talking to (phone hogs)

That said, people who sit in a public place at a table together not talking because they are texting others have something wrong with them.

Cedar Rapids IA
Username hidden
(73 posts)
welcome to the forums Justsomeguy.

PG (busted another cherry! because some people don't pay attention lol)

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17843 posts)
My husband has hearing loss, mostly from his early job, and when we are at a noisy restaurant, we'll text each other. Mostly so we can talk about people without them overhearing! It's a tool, a good one, usually. My sons and I text daily. BUT NOT WHILE DRIVING!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7532 posts)
Just I had a state pooper almost drive under my truck while typing on the computer in his car, just as bad as texting. I believe his ass sucked the seat cover up when he heard the horn and saw the trailer tool box approaching his windshield.

Now they write tickets for it.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
There are point values assigned based on the quality of posts? It's on.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1435 posts)
I personally don't care for texting but ill tell you this, I drive truck for a living and the amount of "women" that text and drive is off the chart. I have not taken a count but i would bet that 8 out of 10 women have either phone in hand or on her lap, or talking on speaker phone, OH! thats better,,,NOT. Anyway just please be safe and think of others for once in ur life..

Murrieta CA
Username hidden
(1 post)
JW: In the movie Tin Men,,,,That line were Richard Dreyfuss's character calls Danny Devito's and says." Guess what?" I just FUCK'd your wife."

Would a text have worked as effective for that gut shot, RD's character was taking in the scene? With the exception of the setting being the 60's I would say yes...and even a worst gut shot cause it's read not said.

Personally, I think texting is just evolution, progress whatever you want to label it. It's here to stay like A/C,, hybrid cars,, and maybe open swingers one day not being morally judged. By the vanilla wafers that might being reading this post.

" Guess what?" I wanna FUCK your wife." wafer face ~grin~

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3897 posts)
"Texting removes everything to include the correct word you want to convey. This is if your normal and you can't spell. For example: Say your disappointed in someone but you can't spell it. So you text: pissed at. Completely different connotation, if not meaning. So here is my question: Why don't you be really cool and demand a morse code key and send in morse?"

How's this for inflection: That was particularly garbled and nonsensical, even for you.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
*c&p* It's super convenient when you're too busy driving to talk on the phone.

Points value*

9 for placement early in the thread. 9 for NO lol at then end of the post 7 for follow up post, none was needed

25 out of a possiable 30 attention whoring points scoring for TT

It's a age issue that isn't really talked about. Sexting is like Elvisn was, "the Devil" All the parnets and old people equate texting to lack of old fashion talking. It is talking, you just read what the other person says. Simple as that.Besides all the other modern bells and whistles that we have in modern times. Hell on the 4s you can talk text and have her read your text to you hands free in newer model cars.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3897 posts)
Texting is by no means a replacement for any previous means of communication, merely an addition to an already expansive repetoire. Nothing will ever top the interpersonal art of communication vis a vis. That being said, I have developed a certain appreciation for a form of communication that allows me to converse with people during the 60+ hour block of my life I like to call a work week that doesn't consist of... "WHAT? HUH? SAY THAT AGAIN!" I chalk it up to efficiency. Note that I don't go so far as to integrate netspeak colloquialisms into my texting (i.e. 2 meaning to or too, 4 meaning for), nor do I omit proper punctuation.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1435 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 35   End
TOPIC: I never really got it about 4 years ago when some people were like I HATE TALKING ON THE PHONE TEXT ME INSTEAD !!!! I get it now