Grill Masters - Recipes and Tall Tales : Swingers Discussion 44784
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsMen TalkGrill Masters - Recipes and Tall Tales
TOPIC: Grill Masters - Recipes and Tall Tales
Created by: ZigNYur
Original Starting post for this thread:
Alrighty men -- the last sacred domain of men - the grill.

I've got some great recipes (my own) to share and we all know there is always at least one good humorous tale to be told when speaking of grills.

So be they gas or charcoal, its all good food.

As I learned just this evening -- if you want a real grill challenge - try making 'steak-ums' on the grill. I did pretty good - only lost less than a spoonful of meat thru the grill plates. I'll cook about anything on the grill - pizza, bacon, I've even done a cake. I've cooked on it in blizzards and blinding rain.

I think my fav recipe i invented last year is bacon wrapped shrimp. (seasoned however u want) - Both items need to be raw before cooking, and wrap 1/2 bacon strip around a shrimp and secure with a small piece of toothpick (removed after cooking). However you wrap the shrimp, keep in mind that it will cook best if the bacon is flat on each side as it will take longer to cook than the shrimp - so when flipping its for the bacon not the shrimp. Believe it or not its pretty grease free when done cuz it drips off nicely.

Zig

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
User Details are only visible to members.
OH YEAH ! its grillin season again.

Anyone doing their Easter Meal on the grill?

Anybody started drooling over Webber's Summit grills this year?

Grilled Cornish Hens

pre heat grill to 375-450 (hickory smoking chips is recommended 1/2 way through cooking)

Hens (1 to fillin the grill up) Lay hen on heavy foil (enough to wrap the whole hen) salt the inside with sea salt stuff with herb seasoned stuffing PLace butter under hen (1/2 ts) Butter hen completely Rub with: rosemary tyme italan seasoning herbs small amount of garlic black pepper hint of basil thin coat of curry or paprika on breast/tops of legs close foil around hen (seal completely) (repeat for more hens)

place hen(s) in pyrex glass dishes (casserole, 8x9, etc) cook hens until cooked thru (do NOT puncture the skins) once hens are cooked - open foil to expose breasts (the hens NOT yours) turn grill heat up for 10-20 minutes to brown the breasts

serve with steamed broccoli over wild rice or green beans over brown rice

Zig - bistro is open

Frederick MD
Username hidden
(166 posts)
little diddy about sausage...... Use some squeeze cheese and inject the cheese inside the sausage. Cut up some red onions, peppers, sweet peppers,mangos,mushrooms,throw a little relish .Pour olive oil in a skillet enough to cover the bottm of the skillet only., heat to a simmer throw the mixture in that I just mentioned and cook away on the grille. after the mixture is cooked spread a little foil on the grille then put the slightly cooked sausgae on the foil and let it simmer........... mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm good

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
ZIg,

Your dinner sounds pretty good to me, too. It's always fun to fire up the grill on a 'dark and stormy night.' It adds to the atmosphere.

When we were young and broke and camping was about the only entertainment we could afford, EVERYTHING was cooked over the coals. You name it, we cooked it. But bananas???

Now, our friends and family are always requesting my Thai Chicken Pizza made on the grill. The coals give it a 'wood fired' taste that an oven can't.

Henderson NV
Username hidden
(405 posts)
Grills - lifeline to food.

Our power went out the other night for several hours -- so instead of going to restaurant after restaurant to find something to eat (if any were even open) -- I decided to go ahead and do what we had laid out for dinner on the grill - baked fish, mac-n-cheese, and grill beans. oh - it was a pretty bad storm too - but luckily not much rain - just wind - but stiil I was out there with umbrella cooking away LOL.

Needless to say- it was all good.

Does anyone else have a 'country boy can survive' story about their grill?

oh and for the record - here's a list of some of the more unusual items I've cooked on the grill:

* pizza * cake / homemade pies * steak-ums * biscuits/rolls * bananas (peeled)

care to share your most unusual food items that you've cooked on the grill?

Zig - grill happy when its too hot to cook inside

Frederick MD
Username hidden
(166 posts)
OK! Since the 4th is coming up, RIBS! K, however many ribs you need (1 rack, 4, 12...) use Baby Back or Spare (I prefer Spare) and mix up this rub and sprinkle it on the ribs and put them in the fridge for at least 8 hrs.

1/2 cup paprika 1/4 salt 1/2 cup light brown sugar 2 tbl spoons mustard powder 1/4 cup chili powder 1/4 cup cumin 2 tbl spoons ground black pepper 1/4 cup garlic powder 2 tablespoons cayenne

If you don't like spicy cut or remove the pepper.

***NOTE***

On the inside or "back" of the ribs there is a thin membrane. use a sharp knife to seperate this from the meat and a paper towel to pull it off. ( this can be difficult so if it get to be too much fine, but try to do it every time you BBQ ribs. it allows the rub to get into the meat better.)

After 8hrs take them out and put them on the grill/smoker at medium (Charcoal cookers that means you'll be able to hold your hand over the coals for 6-7 seconds) and throw about 3 handfuls of hickory, apple, peach, wood that has been soaked in cold water, onto the coal. (Gas users use the smoker box.) And this goes for each time you put a new rack of ribs in.

leave them on for 1hr 30 min to 2 hrs.

After the first 20 min sprinkle(or spray on using a spray bottle from Wal-mart, the best way) a little apple juice, repeat every 20 min.)

for the last 10min put on what ever sauce you like, I make my own

1 cup ketchup 1/2 cup apple juice/cider 1/3 cup apple vinegar (I'm from NC so I use 1 cup) 2/3 Brown Sugar (Packed) 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce 2 tbl spoons of yellow mustard 1 tea spoon of Garlic powder 1/4 tea spoon of white pepper 1/4 tea spoon of cayenne pepper 1/4 cup of peeled and grated apple 1/4 cup of onion powder.

put it in a sauce pot and let it cook on Med for 10-20 min stirring constantly.

Take em off let em sit for about 5 min and serve.

Cape Girardeau MO
Username hidden
(397 posts)
I use to do the gas grill for a long time but decided after watching TV Food Network that the "Pros" use charcoal. All the shows on Bar-B-Ques that have the contests, all the contestants use charcoal. I have to admit I can taste the difference as well as my wife. I like the smoke flavor and when you slow roast something, nothing comes close. I have several recipes that I will add later, its getting late and I just wanted to add my two cents on this. One thing I will suggest is, get one of the vaccum sealers. Take your marinade and place in the bag with the meat and seal it. When it vaccums out the air, the process opens up the meat and merinade gets deep into the meat. You can then freeze the meat. When the time comes to make that piece, the defrost has a a reaction with the merinade and the flavor really comes through. Plus when it is vaccumed sealed you can leave it the refrigerator a little longer.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
Gas or charcoal: Does'nt matter, the whole purpose is to get outside, preferably by a pool or hot tub, to cook anything over an open fire with a frosty drink in one hand and a barbecue utensil in the other. As a guy you want to make something that causes a lady to melt at the table and wants to make you melt later.Seafood, beef, pork, chicken or even vegetables as long as you cook it and don't abuse it. Here's a couple that will make you a grilling diety. Ribs, parboil before grilling, about 45 minutes in Pepsi, Diet Pepsi for my fellow diabetics.It gives the ribs a slightly sweet taste and tenderizes them nicely. Boneless chicken breasts: cut in strips lenghtwise,skewer,stand upright in a container and marinate at least 4 hours in ranch dressing, grill on medium high heat until juices run clear.Good luck, remember men we are all in this together.

Ann Arbor MI
Username hidden
(75 posts)
Oh I've got a few recipes to post here! I have a bullet smoker that can convert into a grill when I decide not to BBQ (which ain't often) I call it R-2BQ. Yes I painted him to look like R2-D2, I'm a geek when it comes to Star Wars, and I'm a man and thus like to put allot of effort into doing stupid things some times. Anyway... On to Alabama drunk chicken.

1 Whole Chicken: (Can be a fryer or roster depending on how many you want to serve fryer about 4, roaster about 6, take appetite into account.)

Rub. You can use store brought but I make my own

Mine is:

1/2 cup paprika 1/4 salt 1/2 cup light brown sugar 2 tbl spoons mustard powder 1/4 cup chili powder 1/4 cup cumin 2 tbl spoons ground black pepper 1/4 cup garlic powder 2 tablespoons cayenne

(For those who can't handle spicy like Bi {Damn Yankee!} cut the Chili powder to 1/2 teaspoon, Black pepper to 1 teaspoon, and take the Cayenne out completely.)

Set aside about 1/4 cup of the rub. Sprinkle the rub on the outside of the chicken liberally and then gently work your fingers under the skin and get some rub there too. (The skin won't allow the rub to really sink in the meat and this is a good way to really get the flavors in there) Then wrap the chicken in plastic wrap or put it in a big ziploc, and put the chicken in the fridge for at least 4 hrs. ( I tend to leave it over night. But no more than 20 hrs)

While your waiting make the White Sauce.

1 cup mayonnaise 1 cup apple cider vinegar 1 tbl spoon lemon juice 1 1/2 cracked black pepper 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon cayenne

put it in the fridge and it will keep about 4 days

After you've let it sit for however long take it out and open a can of beer. Drink half of it, let somebody else drink half of it, put it a sauce, whatever. put the 1/4 cup of rub in the half full can (it will fizz up) and then shove the can (open side up of course) up the chicken's ass. {I think it's the humiliation that makes the chicken so tender so tell it it's a bad chicken and spank it a couple of times :)} The can and the Chicken's legs will form a tripod (no relation) and it will stand up on the grate. make sure the grill is on Med. temp. (For Charcoal users like me that means you should be able to hold you hand over the coals for about 5-6 seconds.) and put the chicken on.

****NOTE FOR CHARCOAL USERS!!!!!***** push the coals to the sides of the grill, smoker, pit... and place an aluminum pan under the Chicken to catch the drippings.

If you have a smoker or smoker box put the wood chips in the box or on the coals. You can use Hickory, Oak, etc... I suggest Apple. ( DO NOT USE SOFT WOODS!!!! ie PINE, cedar)

Make sure the heat stays up (Charcoal add about 12 coals for each hr. If you can get a Chimney starter from a "Home Depot/Lowes" type place this will hold the coals until you have to add them and best of all you don't need lighter fluid to start them, just some newspaper. Use it to start the original coals too.) and leave it on for about 1 1/2 to 2 Hrs or until the internal temp of the chicken is 180. Get a meat themomater until you know how long it takes you grill. Trust me.

When it's done let it sit for about min, 1/4 it, dunk it in the sauce, and then serve.

Back with more soon!

Cape Girardeau MO
Username hidden
(397 posts)
woodburning-throw some cherry on ,gives the meat a great taste gas grill- wife boils the chicken and sausages 1st,cuts down on grilling time and no loss in flavor no sauces until meat is almost done(enough to sear it on)will keep the inside from cooking properly sauces/seasonings-Jack daniels grilling sauce Lawrys herb n garlic marinade(no need for soaking,just slather it on while grilling) Montreal steak seasonings(even makes cheapy burgers taste real) Quicky burger topping-pad of butter in pan,add mushrooms and Lawrys herb & garlic,cook til browned,top burger and melt on fav. cheese Get's the cooking done quicker without losing taste,more time for beer and horseshoes!

Willow Grove PA
Username hidden
(4673 posts)
Pig in the ground. First ya'll need a pig, have the butcher scrape the pig, remove the head, and split it down it's backbone. Wrap the halves seperately in at least 5 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil, and then wrap with wire mesh, one inch sq fence wire works real well. Tie a length of wire to each half for retrieval purposes. Fire prep, dig a hole one ft deep and two ft bigger than the pig in both directions. in the bottom of this hole dig one just big enough for the two halfs to lay in side by side and a ft deep. Fill the hole with fire and burn furiously for at least eight hours. Remove the fire and lay the wraped pig halfs in the bottom, side by side, skin side down. Cover with 4 inches of clean sand or earth, then rake the coals back in and fill the hole with fire. Again burn furiously until pig is done. Cooking times are roughly an hour for every ten pounds of pig (live weight). A 160 lb pig takes about 16 to 18 hours. Resist all temptation to "check" the pig, if you pull it out early, you're screwed. However, you won't hurt it leavin it in an extra 2 - 4 hours. Key to a good roast is burnin the fires jus as hot as you can. To serve, pull the halfs out, lay 'em on your picnic table, skin sides down, cut the wire and the foil and peel it open. Serve with buns and your favorite marinara or bbq sauce. Done right, this is the juiciest, most tender pork ya'll ever taste, you won't even need a knife, just tongs.

Mike P.S. If you can't find your puppys and kittys, they'll be under your picnic table in a drippins stupor.

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
TOPIC: Grill Masters - Recipes and Tall Tales