Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Men Talk Go Blue
TOPIC: Go Blue
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Start   135 to 144 of 184   End
User Details are only visible to members.
U of Michigan is 5th in NCAA school history for number of NFL games played by its alums -- after Notre Dame, Southern Cal, Penn St., and Ohio St.

But Tom Brady is the only great NFL quarterback EVER who was a Wolverine? After him, you have Jim Harbaugh, Brian Griese, Elvis Grbac ...

And Brady was the 199th pick in the draft, in 2000 ?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Cum4,

I agree college football is huge, I personal detest Pro football and find it bores me to death. That being said I spent 12 years living in Minnesota (where I met Mr Sav) and college football although popular is nothing like it is here. They're all Viking/ Packer fanatics lol. College football doesn't even come close to that rivalry. Here in Bama I hear talk of college football year round, from the young and old, men and women . When meeting someone new the 2nd questioned asked after ones name is Bama or Auburn? It is quite different than my experiences in any of the other parts of the US I have lived.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
Mrs. Sav, You're correct that college football is a passion in the south, but it is also a passion in the midwest and far west as well. I read a statistic some time ago that when University of Oklahoma plays a home game in Norman, the population of Norman soars so much that it becomes the most populated city in the state for that day. That's incredible!

As for Michigan, Rich Rodriguez never got the backing from Michigan alumni and ended up being a dismal failure in Ann Arbor. Brady Hoke has to play with the players he inherited from Rich Rodriguez era. Let's give Brady Hoke another year or two to get his own team together. So for now, we'll just say Go Blue. Soon we will be able to shout GO BLUE!

Chester NJ
Username hidden
(286 posts)
Toledo....I was wondering when you'd start getting upset? lol

Cleveland OH
Username hidden
(126 posts)
And Mr Sav laughing told me when he introduced me to College Football....Learn it, Love it, Live it . In all honesty I know little of football. I remember the 2nd time I saw a Bama Game on TV and I was soooo confused . I said "You said we were going to watch Bama play, who is this team?" Well he looked at me like I was plum crazy. You see it was on that day I learned that the teams had more than 1 color uniform . When I didn't see the Crimson jersey I was all confused. They chose white with crimson accents that day .....sheesh !!!!! He still laughs at me. Than there was the first time I saw the Chik Fil A blurp . The cow was parachuting over the stadium and going to land in the stands when I actually screamed "Oh MY GOD!!!! That cow is going to fall on those people" You should have heard him laugh at me. I seriously thought it was real. We'd been watching all these tailgate antics all day.....how was I to know??? We lived at the time in MN I'd never even heard of Chik Fli A lol. I guess you have to live in the south to truly understand the power of College Football. This place is a ghost town when the games are on, no travel, restaurants dead and if the bar doesn't have the game on there is rioting lol. Even the swing parties here on saturdays mention the game will be broadcasted on the big screen during the party and when years ago I'd have screamed YOU"RE KIDDING RIGHT ???? I have come to understand it is a passion, a fever,a commitment that is shared by one and all. The rivalry is divided between Auburn and Bama but the flame burns in the hearts of everyone in the south.

I've come a long way in 6 years , I've learned "If it ain't Bama it ain't football" ....kidding of course!

I hope Mich has a great season and as long as they aren't playing Bama they have my full support lol.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
Eagle, As a Michigan fan, your narrow minded view disappoints me. As a #8 team minus two key starters playing against a defending National Champion; the game while disappointing, wasn't overly surprising. As a Big Ten fan, I find your "Big Ten teams are no match for top tier SEC teams" highly disgraceful. Just because OSU suffers a crap record against SEC teams, doesn't mean you should group the rest of us in that blanket statement. Check UofM's record against SEC teams. As for your end of the year prediction. Check Michigan's record against OSU and cross reference it with their record against Urban Meyers coached teams. Countess will still be out, but Toussant will be back in. Good Luck ;)

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1435 posts)
Mrs. Sav, I just love the way you are inflating my ego (please don’t stop). Realistically, we should change the sequence of the wording and maybe change a few words in your last post to read, “On any day, in any stadium, and at any time (at least during this season), Alabama would have won that game.” If Alabama won on a last second Hail Mary pass or some fluky referee call, I might agree with you. I said in an earlier post in this thread that I wish the game could have been played later in the season after both teams had a chance to work out some kinks. But the way Alabama beat Michigan in every aspect of the game might have made the score a little closer if the game was played later, but the outcome would have been the same … I think this is a terrific thread, and I am finding it interesting where the people are from who are posting. You see, I’ve lived in the northeast nearly all my life except for my undergraduate days at Michigan (Go Blue – sorry it just comes out naturally), and I feel sorry for the people in the northeast who say and probably think they are big time college sports fans. But people in the northeast just can’t comprehend the electricity that exists in a college stadium during a big time college football game. Under Greg Schiano, Rutgers was just beginning to scratch the surface of big time football, but that is all lost now. And while college basketball is very big time in the northeast, except for March Madness, college basketball just doesn’t come close to college football.

Chester NJ
Username hidden
(286 posts)
First off I am a Buckeye fan. But, the following is a totally objective opinion. It isn't easy performing in a national game against the defending national champion. Michigan is a good team but, Big Ten teams are no match for top tier SEC teams. Michigan was obviously overrated. Ratings at the start of the year are always skewed. They are based on expections. They can't be rated on performance. Teams haven't even played a game yet. So, this may not be as big of a loss as it's made out to be. Maybe UM jusn't isn't a top ten team right now. I think UM was simply mentally and physically overwhelmed by Alabama's size, speed, and mental preparedness. This is what happens when a university has been performing far below expections for years. It isn't easy when such great expectations are put upon a team that isn't ready for it yet. Yes, they will beat up on some Big Ten teams. They still have to contend with OSU at the end of the year. All that being said, Go Blow.

Cleveland OH
Username hidden
(126 posts)
LOL I'd like to get in on this thread...except I'm not a Michigan fan OR a Bama fan, although I do root for Bama in the SEC West when they are not playing my Georgia Bulldawgs (unless it helps UGA for Bama to lose which isn't often LOL) I like to see as many SEC teams as possible (excluding the Florida Gators) in the Top 10 and Top 25. I wonder if there would be any interest in an SEC thread on here LOL My DAWGS don't gotta worry about what Bama (or possibly LSWho) does until the SEC Title game !

Kennesaw GA
Username hidden
(259 posts)
Cum4,

My level of respect for you has multiplied 10 fold. On that day and in that stadium Bama was the better team , tomorrow who knows. Nothing says more about a persons character than how they handle conflict , defeat or a handful of lives lemons.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Start   135 to 144 of 184   End
TOPIC: Go Blue