Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Men Talk Go Blue
TOPIC: Go Blue
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   12 to 21 of 218   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks iflirt, it was a big win and a small amount of redemption for the B1G Ten. Of course. time will tell if the SEC will become dominant again of if other schools/conferences have closed the gap so that there is more competitive balance. Dynasties are only good for one fan base, high level of play among many teams and conferences make for more national fervor as evidence by March Madness.

As for rooting for an arch rival, maybe it is because the B1G Ten has been diminished by Michigan's recent woes but overall, I tend to want whoever beat my team to do well. If Michigan wins the conference then I damn well want them to represent ALL of the B1G Ten and win it all.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12721 posts)
@ Nic: Congrats on the Buckeyes win over the Tide. I'm not a Bama fan, just a true Univ. of Georgia fan and SEC fan (except for those booger-eatin' Florida Gators). If it had been Florida playing OSU in that game, I'm instantly the biggest Buckeye fan in Georgia. I'd have hoped that most true Michigan fans would have been rooting for Bama, but I reckon yankees think differently than southerners when it comes to rivalries. The SEC may have been dethroned as National Champions last year and this year, but the dynasty will return !

As to the SEC bowl record this year, most SEC schools were flat. There's a natural letdown when you don't win the SEC Title to have a shot at the National Title. All the air goes out of those kids because they fell short of their dream of SEC and national glory.

Kennesaw GA
Username hidden
(273 posts)
Just a few more days until the national championship game. It really pains me to be cheering for Ohio State (I can’t believe I actually typed that name and associated it with cheering), but I have to support the conference. On the other hand, I have the consolation that maybe next year we will be one of the teams in the final now that we have Jim Harbaugh. Go Blue!

Chester NJ
Username hidden
(299 posts)
I think the National championship game was played in New Orleans. While Oregon is a talented team I think coaching will be the difference. Meyer will go down as one of the best coaches in college football. It will be interesting to see how Harbaugh coming to Michigan is going to affect the buckeyes recruiting in the future. Osu for the last couple years have kept the top talent in state and also been able to go into michigan to pluck a few of their top players. I think when it comes to recruiting those 2 states you would have to rate osu #1, msu #2, and michigan #3. With Harbaugh there those numbers may change. Harbaugh coming back will ignite the great days of michigan-osu games that were competitive. So more or less Meyer better win this year and enjoy it, cause it might be his last chance because Michigan will be competitive next year and near the top the year after that and in contention for a national championship the 3rd.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(201 posts)
Wish I could have stayed awake to watch the entire game. Buckeyes !!

Huntersville NC
Username hidden
(768 posts)
Much as it pains me, congratulations to our rivals The Buckeyes, Sparty and Irish. As for all the SEC fans out there... congratulations Tenn is certainly putting it on Iowa. I can't tell you how happy I am to see Harbaugh come home and Mattison's announcement to stay on board. The staffing romors are going crazy, but all signs point towards amazing things. I'm sad to see Nussmeier leave, as his potential is quite high. I'm certain the OC spot won't stay vacant for long between USC's Tim Drevno and 49'ers John Morton both coming on board with Harbaugh. If Florida's DJ Durkin is on board for Special Teams and as a top tier southern recruiter, I think we'll be good but young this season and in a great position in a few years.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1445 posts)
@Iflirt

Ohio State 42 Alabama 35

You were saying?

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12721 posts)
I'd like to see Michigan resume playing Notre Dame. That used to be a good rivalry.

Tempe AZ
Username hidden
(199 posts)
SEC has dominated of late but it wasn't too long ago that OSU vs MI was #1 vs #2 in the country. It is all cyclical and the SEC has done a good job of avoiding cold weather games because they aren't built for it. Northern teams have to prepare for a regular season of snow, ice and mud then switch gears and play fast teams on their turf in the bowl games.

Bring any of the top 4 SEC teams north in late November and I would wager you would see a 2-2 record.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12721 posts)
Observations by a Univ. of Georgia grad and diehard DAWGS fan:

(1) Be careful what you wish for, Nic. If any of the 12 best SEC football programs come north near the end of the season, your Big Ten teams in contention for playoff slots will most likely be knocked out of them by late season losses ! They'd best schedule Vanderbilt or Kentucky if they want to have a chance to beat an SEC school.

(2) I think I speak for all SEC fans (except LSU fans) when I say we were all hoping Michigan would hire your Michigan alum Les Miles for the job so we'd all be shed of the jackass and his mouth !

(3) How 'bout them Appalachian State Mountaineers !!

Kennesaw GA
Username hidden
(273 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   12 to 21 of 218   End
TOPIC: Go Blue