Gender Biased Driving Etiquette : Swingers Discussion 45960
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsMen TalkGender Biased Driving Etiquette
TOPIC: Gender Biased Driving Etiquette
Created by: FunSinCityCouple
Original Starting post for this thread:
So, you are trying to leave the parking lot or gas station. You are sitting there hoping to get back into traffic that is stopped at a light and are waiting for some courteous person to let you in front of them so you can pull out of the driveway. You wait and try to make eye contact so someone will wave you in front of them. I was curious if anyone else has observed which gender is most likely to let you go in front of them? I know what the answer is, but I have never figured out why there is such a strong bias. -Mr. Fun
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 36   End
User Details are only visible to members.
If that were the case... here the guy would never take the "forced" exit.. he would just sit there blocking the exit ramp until someone let him in while 100 people wanting to exit sat blocked all the while cursing the people in the through lane to let the friggin guy in so they can move on! They would look at the through lane people as the asses then. LOL!

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Here in Los Angeles where it takes me 50 minutes to go my 8 miles to work has definite driving guidelines that you must follow or forget it and just stay home because you will never get to where you are going.

One must ALWAYS butt themselves in to traffic and with that said it's just common acceptance here. Actually what will get people really pissed off is if you are courteous and wait for someone to allow you to change lanes or pull out in front of. People usually don't get mad at all if you do it because it's necessary to keep the traffic moving. Its the dumb jerk who sits there waiting their turn backing traffic up a half mile but just tapping his brake lights once causing a domino effect that everyone wants to shoot. People that race down a exit lane to butt in front of others...happens all the time and I've never seen people not let them in. Why? I think because driving here is such a big issue that we just try to keep things moving along and stay courteous to others because if you allowed things like that to bother you in LA traffic you would be pissed off every 10 minutes and it just isn't worth it. Most likely anyway its a stupid vacationer who has no clue as to where they are going suddenly realizes their lane just disappeared.... let the guy in and keep things moving. An act of courtesy always returns 10 fold.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
98% percent of the female gender seem to be preoccupied with no one but themselves....And I can confindently and honestly say that meself being amoung the very rear two percent of women that care more about how they make others feel rather then what others think of them..say women are f@#ked up...

Lewes DE

Username hidden
(230 posts)
"Don't forget to write! - C/She"

But, out of courtesy would you let someone in front of you who was exiting a parking lot and trying to get back into traffic?

Henderson NV

Username hidden
(405 posts)
Susan, when the leaf peepers irritate you, you just have to fight back. A few years ago when I was in college...(ok Moses was still in diapers)....we had a GREAT idea.

At peak, we'd go to a pond nearby that had a senic route on it's shore.....about 50 yds offshore there was a big ole rock that came to within an inch or less of the surface.

I'd get a ride out in a canoe. get on the rock, wrap a sheet around myself, and wave to passesby in a specific manner (Had hair to my shoulders and a full beard then)

We'd hear "MARTHA LOOK !!!!!!!!" <screeeeeeech> I'd just point and shake my head lol they just kinda slumped away

Had a State Trooper stop once......ordered me to come to shore lol uh huh

I wasn't worth getting wet over I guess.

We still mess with em, just don't get wet in the process anymore...

Adams MA

Username hidden
(211 posts)
SandJ: "why couldn't Vermont provide us with the foliage we're used to"

SOmeone should have told her there is a color shortage due to the recent disasters in the Gulf area. As soon as New Orleans has all it's foliage back to normal, we can expect our staff to return to the normal duties of chnging the color of the leaves!

Reisterstown MD

Username hidden
(184 posts)
Just catching up on this thread... My $0.02, I think everyone needs to slow down, and either live closer to work, or work closer to home.

About 10 years ago I moved to MD from MA. Big changes. Massholes replaced by Baltimorons.... What was once just bad driving was now called aggressive. I remember fighting with taxi drivers as I drove a car for hire into the airport... Boston roads have a lot to do with the problems up there.

When we moved here I promised I'd live within 5 miles of work. I almost never drive the highway. When I drive it's at or just below the speed limit, and I hardly ever worry if someone else gets in front of me. I can honestly say, after learning to drive in MA, and dealing with Logan airport traffic pre-big-dig, I love this traffic vacation!

Oh, and for those leaf lookers... I remember that too. THey'd be happier if they looked at the pictures on the web! I can't believe someone actually took the wife and kids out, parked in your driveway, and left everyone in the car to take a picture! "Come on kids, we're going to watch Daddy take some arbor-day photos!"

Reisterstown MD

Username hidden
(184 posts)
Mrs. BT, they probably learned how to pick up their kids from the guys they used to date -- honk the horn, give her a wave to get in and off they go! LOL

Henderson NV

Username hidden
(405 posts)
Hey, over here in Lancaster Pa, we don't have leaf peepers we have Canadian goose googlers. These people, men and women, will come to a dead stop on a main road to look at Canadian geese along side of the road. We have these blasted geese everywhere here! These people act like they've never seen these geese every before in life.

But the one that gets me are the women who think they can stop in the middle of a road to pick up their children who without looking run across the street to jump into Mom's van. I say women because I've seen no man do this, doesn't mean there aren't any. Now these women believe they are the only ones on the road, they even assume that all drivers will see their children run across the street to get into the van. So not only are they selfish in holding up others but they put their children's lives at stake. Just park the freaking van where ever and get out and pick your kids up and walk back to the van. You know as soon as one of the children gets hit you'll be the first screaming bloody murder!!! Not all drivers are watching your kids. mrs bt

Lancaster PA

Username hidden
(544 posts)
Exactly!

Fort Worth TX

Username hidden
(8589 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 36   End
TOPIC: Gender Biased Driving Etiquette