Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Men Talk Exercise
TOPIC: Exercise
Created by: Terry4u9 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
Pointers? Well, one of the interesting things that came our of my wife's research was an understanding of why so many "diets" and exercise plans fail after a while. Most will show results at first, but then it seems they lose effectiveness. Most people call it "hitting a wall" and get discouraged.

It seems that the body is really good at is adapting... Do any particular exercise exactly the same way for too long, and the body will figure out a way to minimize muscle growth and maximize fat retention. Follow any one particular diet for too long and the body will again adjust metabolism and digestion to stop losing what it considers important... fat.

So the trick is to not only eat right and exercise right... but change it up! Keep the body off balance. For example, make one week a bit heavier on the carb side, and another week heavier on the proteins. Always strive for a balance of carbs and proteins, but vary their sources so the body has to work harder to find the best way to handle that particular food. (Of course, do try to minimize fat and sugar intake in all its forms.)

It works the same way with exercise. We found that we get better results if we change our routine every 4 weeks. We still exercise the same groups on the same days, but we use different exercises to work those muscle groups. Once again, it keeps the body from finding a way to adapt.

Finally, we do indulge on weekends, which seems to fire up the engines a bit for the following week, while again, keeping the body from getting too used to a certain quantity or quality of food.

The result is that we do not get bored with our exercise routine and we do not get bored with our food. We have a fat little collection of 3x5 cards that all have great recipes that my wife concocted, and mealtime is always a pleasure as a result. Drop us an email if you want a sample or two.

You may wonder how she came up with all this... well, she was an RN before she changed careers, so she has some background in physiology and the right resources...

Hope this helps.

Hagerstown MD
Username hidden
(541 posts)
After being frustrated that our treadmill and stairmaster alone were not giving us any results for the past couple of years, Mrs. Braco did some research and ended up putting together a really effective exercise & diet regimen, based on several fitness sources.

We do 4 days of freeweights a week, approximately 1 hour a day. Monday is upper body, Tuesday is abs and back, Wednesday is leg day, and Thursday is another upper body day (different set of muscles, though). We also work some cable exercises into the routine, like lat pulldowns and cable rows, but the majority of the work is done on the rack or the floor. She does about an hour of cardio each morning on the treadmill, while I do about 30 minutes on a mountain bike.

We eat 5 or 6 small meals a day, and we eat "clean"... no white bread (so refined the body treats it like sugar), avoid processed foods as much as possible, no hydrogenated or hydrolyzed ingredients, and generally pay attention to what we are putting into our bodies. It has forced us into some really creative cooking, and frankly, we eat better now that we did before.

On the other hand, every weekend is a "cheat" weekend, where we can eat and drink as much as we like. Ramps the metabolism back up and helps fight temptation during the week knowing the weekend is right around the corner...

We have only been doing this for a little over 6 months now, but the results have been fantastic. Both of us lost approximately 30 lbs each, plus we have added visible muscle development. Feels better than anything tastes...

And it has a positive effect on our sex life too... Stamina is way up! ;-)

Hagerstown MD
Username hidden
(541 posts)
Counting calories?

REMOVING HER CLOTHES: With her consent.................................12 Calories Without her consent............................2187 Calories

OPENING HER BRA: With both hands.................................8 Calories With one hand...................................12 Calories With your teeth................................485 Calories

PUTTING ON A CONDOM: With an erection.................................6 Calories Without an erection...........................3315 Calories

POSITIONS: Missionary..................................12 Calories 69 lying down...................................78 Calories 69 standing up..................................812 Calories Wheelbarrow....................................216 Calories Doggy Style....................................326 Calories Italian chandelier.............................2912 Calories

ORGASMS: Real.......................................112 Calories Fake...........................................1315 Calories

POST ORGASM: Lying in bed hugging...........................18 Calories Getting up immediately.........................36 Calories Explaining why you got out of bed immediately..816 Calories

GETTING A SECOND ERECTION: If you are: 20-29 years...................................36 Calories 30-39 years....................................80 Calories 40-49 years....................................124 Calories 50-59 years...................................1972 Calories 60-69 years...................................7916 Calories 70 and over....................................Results are still pending

DRESSING AFTERWARDS: Calmly..........................................32 Calories In a hurry.....................................98 Calories With her father knocking at the door.........5218 Calories With your wife knocking at the door.........13,521 Calories

Henderson NV
Username hidden
(405 posts)
For regular exercise, we prefer sex. :-)

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
We like power walking and have done it for 18 years or so. We have been in a few marathons. We don't care for the pounding from running. We started weight lifting over three years ago on our Wieder multi-station machine and also use free weights. We enjoy the walking and the weights and don't see ourselves stopping. It is not so much about how it makes us look as it is about how much longer we should live. At 50+ you can't get the same results from weights that a person would get in their teens and twenties, but we are happy with what we have achieved.

Henderson NV
Username hidden
(405 posts)
I know what you mean Zig. I almost bought both of our kids some bikes at Toy'sR'Us but decided to go and check the bike shop out instead. We ended up spending an extra bill on each of their bikes but got a better value. We bought them three years ago (if I am doing my math correctly in my head) and they still can ride them now. My son will probably have to get a bigger bike next year but our daughter is getting ready to remove her training wheels and will still have hers for at least another year or so. When I do replace their bikes, I am going back to that same store for it. Zo.

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(1223 posts)
exercise? me? (insert joke here)

But I did take the first steps -- I went out a got a good mtn bike (Hardrock by Specialized)- but between the uncooperative weather and chest colds -- a good ride is not as frequent as I'd like them to be.

I also went and got Yur a nice used mtn bike (Kona) and had it tuned and sized for her, so hopefully with weather holding and our colds improving, we'll see the benefits soon enough.

And on the biking note -- having gone down the wal-mart way a few years ago and buying an off-the-shelf retail bike - which broke within 6 months - and now recently having bought the Specialize, I can firmly say - go to a bike store to buy a bike. The extra bucks DO make all the difference in comfort, quality, and the overall experience.

Frederick MD
Username hidden
(166 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Exercise