Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Men Talk › Cigars
TOPIC: Cigars
Created by: looking_for_you_to_
Original Starting post for this thread:
after a brief discussion with some good friends about a Cigar tasting trip we are planning . what would you calll your favorite? mine used to be the Romeo -y- Juliets @ a 20 ring , before I gave it up.

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »
1 to 10 of 90
User Details are only visible to members.
Pipes are still very much in style, its just for pot not tobacco.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(8047 posts)
Lol

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(5952 posts)
Some of the mirrsham (sp??) carved pipes were exquisite. But the cost and a need for a smoking glove put them way out of financial reach of a high school experimenter. Second hand pipe smoke can be delightful. But I already have an expensive vice. Booze; scotch.

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(706 posts)
American Cancer Society came out and claimed that pipe smoking causes cancer in the mouth and gums. This is what killed pipe smoking and in now shown to be a complete lie.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(8047 posts)
@Justpoking: In a sense of the word, you're not far off when you say that tobacco pipes are all but extinct.

The truth is, fine briar pipes have always been a very small part of the tobacco market, but in the 70s and 80s there was a pretry healthy demand here in the States, and awesome little pipe/tobacco shops were around.

Bur alas, the love affair eventually dwindled and the internet has changed the dynamics. There are far fewer folks available who are interested in pipes that cost $300 to $1000 each, and those sales are pretty much a matter for online shopping now. Just not enough demand to support brick and mortar stores.

Us enthusiasts will just have to press on though, right? ;^)

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(5952 posts)
The war on smoking is what killed the pipe. People smoke cigars because its a easy treat and is gone to ashes when done. What is a shame is that now the raw data on the research of smoking that the American Cancer Society did that created all of the tobacco laws in the 1980s . is finally public..the America Cancer society lied through their teeth about tobacco and the effect of cigars and pipes and a few cigarettes per day has on ones health.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(8047 posts)
Many years ago, a close friend decided I versed a vice. He set me up with a starter pipe set. Didn't do anything for me. Now, pipes are almost extinct.

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(706 posts)
This probably ought to be in the BF thread, but....

For more than 40 yrs. I've occassionally smoked and collected fine pipes, along with cigars. I recently regained an bit of interest but found that over the last decade fine pipe stores have become extinct essentially...ugggggg

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(5952 posts)
Was finally out and about again last weekend. I tried a Victor Sinclair Corojo Series 55. It was an OK smoke. It went well with my single barrel. The price was acceptable for a 6 1/2" Churchill ( $5.99 ) stick. Has anyone else tried Victor Sinclairs?

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(97 posts)
"...and so do the ladies..." I know a few who appreciate a torpedo once in a while too ;-)

I enjoyed a Macanudo on Sat night/early am while sipping some whiskey on my front porch with a senior member of the local chapter of the Krewe of Asshats. First cigar I've had in probably a year.

-A warm welcome, Sarge.

BT

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(13801 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »
1 to 10 of 90
TOPIC: Cigars
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.