Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Men Talk › Bow Ties
TOPIC: Bow_Ties
Created by: echokilo
Original Starting post for this thread:
An SLS friend and I were chatting the other day about formal wear and I mentioned that I recently learned (if not exactly mastered) the art of tieing a bow tie. She commented that if guys ever figured out how *hot* they look in a tux, they would were them all the time.

Mrs. ek loves to "unwrap" me, and the clip-on kind that come with rentals fall way short of the mark in this regard.

Does anyone else tie their own?

Mr. ek

1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 20
User Details are only visible to members.
Am I suppose to be tying my tie twice?

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(5396 posts)
LOVE IT Sorillo!!! :)

When Trey was an E2 Private in the Army, his buddy went to the promotion board and was So Nervous he tied his Class A tie too tight and passed out once he got up there. 8)

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3048 posts)
Heh.

When I was in basic training, lo these many years ago, I was one of the few who knew how to tie a tie. So I ended up teaching about half the platoon. But I only knew how to do the full Windsor, which my Dad taught me. While the full Windsor is one of the three regulation knots for the Army, it's rather frowned upon.

Anyway, at our first dress uniform inspection, the training battalion commander comes out and starts doing inspections while we're all standing in formation. After he sees three guys in a row with full Windsors he barked "who in the hell taught you this knot????". Eyes started shifting over to me, and I fessed up. The colonel glared at me and said "your father was Navy, wasn't he." Not a question. A statement. Oy vey.

Doing pushups in Class A uniform frickin' sucks.

Waxahachie TX
Username hidden
(951 posts)
In business you walk the walk and talk the talk. I have four business suits complete with ties. Mrs has around 100 different busienses suits, dresses and so on. Shoes to match.

but hey she is a woman after all. And she does have to dress for different aspect of our busienses from legal to insurance to medical and have formal and causal clothing for summer and winter for the humid east coast and hot dry west coast. East coast cold weather clothing and so on.

So she says...or is it she loves clothing LOLOLOL

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(5509 posts)
I don't do formal wear, suits, or military uniforms* but I do like bowties. will have to learn the knot.

That said, I despise the conventional 'long' necktie.

*Interesting that all of these are super-conformist.

Lawrenceville GA
Username hidden
(136 posts)
In the words of the 11th doctor Bow ties are cool. PS get a fez

Maplewood MN
Username hidden
(51 posts)
"i use the double windsor. I hate thin ties. LOOK GAY!!"

Ohhhh crap, I wear bolo tie with a Texas Star.

Can't get much thinner than that...LOL

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
i use the double windsor. I hate thin ties. LOOK GAY!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

certainly one man's opinion but the double windsor, as worn by some of the former NFL players now talking heads, look like a double fist under your neck. nicest knot due to size and ability to secure a perfect dimple is the four-in-hand. a truly well dressed, non-trendy man will likely be seen with a four-in-hand. the nfl guys may spend lots on their stuff but they are no doubt trendy.

i love to wear a hand tied bow, when appropriate. with a tux there is no onther way.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2419 posts)
lol well I still love a man in a tux with a bowtie, or better yet full military dress uniform.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21869 posts)
Pg it seems that bumping old dead threads is the in thing this past week. lol

My husband looks better in a suit. I am not into bow ties,

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 20
TOPIC: Bow Ties
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.