Birth control question : Swingers Discussion 54428
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsMen TalkBirth control question
TOPIC: Birth control question
Created by: BTEXPRESS
Original Starting post for this thread:
It seems like I've read a lot of threads about we women taking birth control pills, using diaphrams, making the men use condoms, or even getting their tubes tied. What I want to know is how many of you men have gotten a vasectomy for birth control and how many refuse and why? mrs bt

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I had a vasectomy 28 years ago, at that time I was sure I didn't want any more children. My then wife and I talked things over, talked to a few Doctors. and came to the conclusion that it would be easier if I was the one that had the procedure. When we divorced 10 years later she got her tubes tied right before she was removed form my insurance. I have never regretted the decision.

Avoca PA
Username hidden
(360 posts)
I had a vasectomy after my divorce 14 years ago because I did not want any children in my later years. It was quick and painless. For those people contemplating it, it is not foolproof. It takes about a year for your sperm count to go to zero and very rarely it can auto reverse. A friend of mine had his wife get pregnant five years later and he thought she had cheated. He was flabbergasted when the child turned out to be his by DNA. A check revealed that even though has last sperm count was zero, he now had a few of those swimmers back.

Lou

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(16 posts)
This is something we I have always asked in the past . Very few good answers as to why not .I have had mine for 15 years. I just do not understand why more men refeuse to get fixed specially when they want to ride bareback. I can understand those that may still want to have children but those over 40.cmon do the right thing. I have to ask , are they secretly thinking that if they do get a woman pregnant while swinging, if this will boost their ego?Are they afraid if they have it done that they no longer can get it up?Or is its societys way of saying everything is left for the woman to do. If your days are over with bringing children up,and you swing why woudl you not consider or better yet do get it done?

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
We also had insurance that would only pay for a tubal for the wife. Actually did a tubal ligation....they don't just tie...they cut, remove a small section and carterize. The insurance company's reasoning...if they paid for a vas, the wife could cheat, get pregnant and since the insurance had maternity benefits, they'd still have to pay for the maternity after already paying for a vas. Later, with a different employer, self insured plan...got a vas for $25 copay. lol So double safe here also.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Just like mackdriver, I had a vasectomy 35 years ago when I was entering graduate school and already a father. We knew we'd be dependent on my wife's income for the next 6 years, and at that point our daughter would be in school already and we didn't want to go back to square one with diapers, day care, etc.

I have never had a moment's regret.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I had a vasectomy while I was with the Ex, never thought I'd ever want more kids. All I can say now, if you decide to get one make ABSOLUTELY SURE it is really what you want. Currently recovering from a very expensive reversal that was done Feb 15, out of work for a month that is mostly unpaid.

BTW...yes we did make sure that Valentine's Day was fully taken advantage of since there is also no sex for a month.

Colorado Springs CO
Username hidden
(293 posts)
Funny, that one post mentioned the insurance paying for her and not him...Ours was opposite. They would only pay for me only if there was a legit reason for him to NOT get it done, and since there was none, he had the vas surgery. Hasn't regretted it since. He'd highly recommend it to anyone NOT wanting more kids...

Simonton TX
Username hidden
(82 posts)
She has had her tubes "tied", however, I am looking into having a vasectomy done within the next few months. Nothing like a little insurance.

Four Oaks NC
Username hidden
(43 posts)
I had a vasectomy about a year ago due to my wife having health issues with being on the pill. I was against it at first, however after educating myself on the process, we decided it was the best thing for us to do. I have not regretted it since. Everything works just fine down there and it gives up peace of mind.

Reading PA
Username hidden
(10 posts)
I had my tubes tied right after our 2nd child was born ( insurance would pay for that but would not pay for a vas.). The next couple of years we had some scary months where I did not get my monthly friend. All the doctors visits ect. am I pregnant am I not worries. Got sick of them fast. Meanwhile our insurance company change and now he could get a vasectomy done under the insurance. He was the one who said he was going to get it done. So off we went to see the doc. Had it done and well we are double safe......lol. No more worries at all. And well that monthly missing and all was nothing more than my body being a pain in the brain. Go figure.......but at least no more scares. J

Lebanon PA
Username hidden
(120 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: Birth control question