Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Jokes and Funnies Last Word Again
TOPIC: Last Word Again
GoTo Page: Less ... 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 ... More 
Start   9551 to 9560 of 10754   End
User Details are only visible to members.
And by the way, LE, people do that here too. Always make sure the deer is ok first, rofl. It always cracks me up that they're concerned about the deer - the car and driver can be completely smashed, but let's make sure the deer isn't still alive and suffering. lol S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
LE, you DO realize how lucky you were don't you? Not as much damage as I would have thought. It could have completely totalled the car with you in it! I was in front of a car one night that hit a buck. It was a smaller car, although I don't remember the make or model. The buck was thrown up in the air and landed on the hood, smashing through the windshield. The guy driving was pretty torn up with that one!

And you can joke about coyote urine all you want, the deer that jumped my fence to munch on the dahlias just did a right turn and went the other way this afternoon. One good thing about living in "the house of windows" is that I can watch the wildlife daily (and nightly). We have enough foxes and coyotes around here that just the whiff will make her leave the fenced area alone. And the woodchuck doesn't even venture over into that part of the yard, he appears content with the dandelions on the far side, next to the woods. (Thank Heavens, lol) S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Mozart would probably give the deer a big slobbery bath ;-)

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Got a big dog? Leave him in the back yard overnight. You'd be amazed how the critters will leave your garden alone.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Woodchucks, Poly, burrow UNDER your fence. And they, too, have a full set of incisors so they will make a smooth cut of the stem, not a ragged tear.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
One further thought, Poly. Could this be the work of your friendly local woodchuck family? I know you've got some around, and they could easily dig UNDER your fences, or have a burrow opening somewhere in your yard as well as on the other side of the fence, and just use their tunnel system.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Poly, check the stems where they are severed. Deer lack upper incisors, so when deer browse a stem you don't get a clean, smooth cut, but will see some ragged ends where they TORE the stem off.

Rabbits, on the other hand, will give you a smooth, clean slice through the stems, generally on a diagonal rather than straight across.

Jim the wildlife sleuth

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Jim, I know! A giraffe! Actually, deer are probably the most elusive of all garden eaters. I've had them pick off every floret of broccoli and leave the actual plant, and have watched them do it. Plus, there are very few animals who could clear your fence, eat the crops, and get back out again, without leaving a track. A good old white tail. Of course, the garden club probably needs a good puzzle to work on, so this should be it. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
It's almost surely deer. They CAN and DO easily clear high fences. They are amazing athletes.

And contrary to popular opinion, their hooves are NOT hard enough to leave tracks anywhere. The bottoms of their hooves are actually quite soft, almost like foam rubber, which enables them to readily cling to rocky slopes.

Urban deer, like resident Canada Geese, have become the scourges of suburban life, at least from the Mid-Atlantic up through the Northeast.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
They are "criminals" of opportunity. lol Why would you not see tracks? Why would you? Are you a tracker? Unless they step in something, you probably won't see obvious tracks. They go for whatever they happen to be hungry for at the time. I've seen them walk over broccoli to eat cauliflower. Last year, they walked THROUGH our tomatos to get to some potato plants, but the year before, they chomped the tomatos to the ground.

And since you have a five foot fence, with no obvious breaks in it, and you saw no digging underneath, what else could it be? Phantoms? lol

LEShore, I've always hated that feeling when you just KNOW they are about to hit you, no matter what you do! Hate to tell you - the coyote urine can't stop a deer who is in mid-air! I can only imagine the damage. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 ... More 
Start   9551 to 9560 of 10754   End
TOPIC: Last Word Again