managing email : Swingers Discussion 195060
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting Startedmanaging email
TOPIC: managing email
Created by: 2011dands
Original Starting post for this thread:
I have searched for this since I suspect it is covered elsewhere but didn't find it. How does everyone manage their email? Being newbies, it feels like we must have "fresh meat" on our profile or something . I understand politely declining, and also how to proceed with those that are very interesting. What has me stymied is the great majority who seem nice enough but who really knows until you meet. I'd love to have the time to meet them all but reality is that we just cannot get out that often. Is there a polite way of saying maybe in a few months?

Also not really sure what to do with those that look like fakes. Is it best to ignore those?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Joey,

Hmmmmm im real easy to get away from my computer (wink)

Delta PA
Username hidden
(137 posts)
In regards to your time being in short supply: we have the same issue (work, kids, hockey) and found it far easier to go the club route when were in the mood.

Its far less guaranteed as the crowds vary from club to club and night to night, but the ability to meet people (alot of people) in very little time and make those social connections (and occasionally those lips to lips connections) is invaluable. Its a risk/reward thing, but if you go to the club with just three expectations (1 have fun 2 have sex with each other 3 leave together) you won't be disappointed. Except you may be irritated at the long drive home (our solution to that is road head which dovetails nicely into some great fucking when we get home).

-M

Colleyville TX
Username hidden
(1434 posts)
DnS: If you can't meet for three months, tell em. If they are truly interested, they will check back in or carry on a back and forth email conversation in the interim (the good ones wont try and rush you during that, and will just use it as a get to know you thing. The bad ones will repetitively ask you if your ready to meet in every email).

As for replying in a timely manner: thats up to each person to determine. I do most of the sls correspondence here aside from a select few that are B (the mrs) centric. And I make it a point to make her respond to the "good" single male requests we get, and I handle the "nice tits" variety. I think the longest we have left something in the mailbox before replying after reading was 2 weeks, but one of the first emails we sent out after joining was replied to 4 months after it was sent so it can run the gamut.

Find something that works for you, and don't let it become a chore: its supposed to be fun. That being said, if you don't tidy it up frequently, you will probably miss the good emails hidden in the pile.

-M

Colleyville TX
Username hidden
(1434 posts)
I am really slacking from work in these forums...haha

We took a couple year break from this. But since we've been back, we are yet to send out "first emails" and wait on responses.

So everything right now is just answering incoming emails, so we dont really wait on responses. We find most of the time when we get an email and DO respond, that it ends right there for whatever reason. Or we email back and forth a couple times and just never hear back.

So we dont really keep track or notice until we start going through and cleaning out the mailbox and then look and see "Hey, we liked him, but he disappeared"

When we did send out initial emails. They usually included "Check out our profile and if you're interested, get back to us"

So we didn't hang on waiting for an answer. If they didn't get back to us, we figured they check out our profile and weren't interested which is exactly what we asked them to do to begin with.

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
I'm more or less the one in charge of SLS-management here, but whenever I get an email, I typically have to wait to show p. That may be in the evening, and I might forget if the evening gets nuts. All said, we could go three or five days before answering an email. We always respond to serious inquiries, even if it's the form "no thanks". There are, I have to admit, some people whom we don't answer based on the fact that they clearly haven't read the email, or they don't actually say anything.

We've had maybe 50% responses on our emails out. Most of those took at least two days, but we've had responses as late as a week.

New Market MD
Username hidden
(196 posts)
Interesting note to other newbies - email traffic increased significantly after posting in the forums!

M- what if it is more like 3 months? Not that we have that many folks (I think people are getting the wrong idea here) it has more to do with how limited our time is.

Also while we are on the topic, how long is acceptable before responding to an initial email? We usually read them quick but it can take days to actually find time for us to discuss it. So maybe the question is how long do you wait until you assume no response is a no?

Aledo TX
Username hidden
(25 posts)
One thing you will learn quickly if you are serious about meeting people in person is you go through that seemingly overwhelming list of prospects a lot quicker than you would think.

Going from an email to a meet in our experience is not as simple as it looks.

When we first got into this online on a couple sites, we got so many emails that at night they would come in faster than we could read them.

We thought we were going to need a spreadsheet and calendar to keep track of appointments and names....lol

But once you start the communication and then the actual "meets" you will find that very very few come to that conclusion.

Many will just stop chatting. Many will disappear Many will set up to meet Most of those will cancel, forget, or lose interest

We have an email box full of people we would love to have in our bed. But getting them out from behind the computer and into our bed, is 1 in 100

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
Just be honest.

If it looks fishy, you could continue the dialog and determine the truth. Or go with your gut and ignore them.

If you would like to meet someone in a month, say so. If they mail you back in three weeks to check up, they might be legitimate. If not... Oh well.

Take your time, have fun. The tidal wave of "fresh meat" hunters will subside, and if you're lucky, a few gems will have made their way through the clutter.

-M

Colleyville TX
Username hidden
(1434 posts)
Thanks nice. Love your pic, it's so creative and sexy!

Aledo TX
Username hidden
(25 posts)
I can see why you are swamped though!!!!! man i wish naughty and I live in Texas .

Delta PA
Username hidden
(137 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: managing email