host vs participant : Swingers Discussion 204777
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting Startedhost vs participant
TOPIC: host vs participant
Created by: Arizonaswingersparty
Original Starting post for this thread:
hello, we are very new to this and will be setting up a party here soon, but my wife and i have some questions regarding what is expected from a party host,,, we have 10+ yrs together and are very secure with each other, however she's much more conservative when it comes to involving others and want to know if there are hosts that simply put events together, get paid for it but dont participate only watch or lite touch....

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
and you're already in a very nice position!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7444 posts)
thank you Fun, you saved me the trouble too...

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7444 posts)
"it's associated monetary amount"

No apostrophe for the possessive use there. Just thought I'd mention it before BoinkMan humiliates you publicly.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
*He said BALLroom..hehehehe

We are talking two entirely different scenarios. It only costs me a couple hundred $ to host 20-25 people at my home and the donation was at the insistence of my guests who simply preferred that over bringing food. I set it at $5 so as not to appear that I was trying to profit. Since I was hosting house parties every six weeks (and private parties 2-3 times a month) I also didn't want go broke. lol

As for the hotel takeovers, WOW is all I can say to the cost of renting a hotel ballroom. I don't know what the charge is here but I do know the couples hosting these events turn a nice profit at $50 per couple.

Solution: Move to Ohio or "Swingsylvania"

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11942 posts)
*Snickering about a "ballroom" at a sex party*

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Wow! Very interesting. I guess I'd have to go to one to see how it's done. Hotel ballroom rentals here are about $10,000 a day. That's a lotta couples! More than the total amount of LS folks here on the island! LOL

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(582 posts)
This may sound harsh, but if you cannot afford to host a party and provide alcohol, and some light snacks, then you should not host. Most mature people WILL bring their own alcohol if asked, and I cannot imagine having so much food provided that you go into debt. People don't need a dinner, just some fuel for more rounds of play.

You have some wonderful pineapples and fruit there...yum. I'd be happy at any party with just that and sex!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7444 posts)
I have hosted a number of parties and Gina hit on every point so I will only add that when I first started hosting I asked everyone to bring finger foods and ended up with a bunch of chips and cheese trays. Since then I simply ask them to BYOB and make a $5 pp donation and I provide food and beer. No, $5 doesn't cover the total bill but probably cuts it in half.

To answer your other question, yes there is money to be made doing hotel takeovers. Keep in mind the "fee" to attend covers the ballroom rental, some food and the DJ. Guests must pay for their own rooms and it is not uncommon to charge $50 per couple and get 100 couples to show up. The hotel makes their money on the rooms and the ballroom rental plus the bar rakes it in and the hosts profit from the door fees.

I would be remiss if I didn't invite you to the mainland to demonstrate in person.

;^D

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11942 posts)
Newbie question here: How would you get *paid* for hosting a party?

Everytime we've hosted a (regular, not LS party), we always massively go into the hole to provide a great party for our guests. Food, drinks, special decor items, etc all cost $$$. Even if you have people pay a nominal fee, bring food, alcohol, etc, you'd still end up shelling out $$$.

And for those parties held at hotels...does the amount of $$$ couples/singles pay actually cover the cost of the hotel room/suite???

Maybe hotels on the mainland cost a lot less than here on Maui?? Simple rooms at well known resorts here can start at $450 a nite. You'd have to have like, 10+couples paying $50 to just break even on the room. And 10+ couples wouldn't fit in the room.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(582 posts)
Welcome to the forums and to the wonderful world of swinging. Search out the forums b/c parties/house parties/ hosting/ rules, etc have all been discussed on here, usually in the Swingers Advice thread, but also pretty much in all the others ones as well.

Good luck!

Have some rules for your guests. If they are in your home, might want to limit the list to not more than a dozen. Provide towels, condoms, or ask them to bring their own. Have rooms set up for private and group playing. Have a neutral area so people can refresh themselves and just sit and talk. We usually use our kitchen as that. If you have children's rooms, make sure your guests DO NOT play there. Close the door, put up a sign, etc. My advice is that if you do have children, please do not have them around when you are hosting. If you'd like for them to bring alcohol or snacks, say so. You can start the evening with a game or two, a way to break the ice so that you don't have 12 people all standing around your kitchen wondering what to do next.

You are in charge of disabling any drama that might occur. That sometimes means you won't get to play with abandon at your own party. Be aware of anyone drinking too much, or starting a row with another guest. Make sure your guests are courteous and respectful of your property and also of your neighbors. In other words, no lawn sex if you have neighbors. Most experienced swingers, I imagine, know how to cover up a bit in public, and then disrobe more to show off a sexy outfit once inside.

Be aware of windows and exposed areas of your house or backyard if you are concerned about privacy.

Enjoy!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7444 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: host vs participant