What's your estimate on percentage of real people here : Swingers Discussion 200695101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedWhat's your estimate on percentage of real people here
TOPIC: What's your estimate on percentage of real people here
Created by: Doc_n_Janine
Original Starting post for this thread:
We keep running into people that just waste time. It is so incredibly frustrating. People will string communication out over weeks, even months, always professing they want to meet with you and they never follow through. In our estimation, we have to weed through 20 or so contacts before we find someone that is real and genuine, and out of those, less than 10 percent ever make anything happen.

What's your guess on percentage of real people (or people that are serious about meeting)?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 33   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You brought up probably the most debated subject on the forums.

In my opinion. IF you read their profile. IF you match what they are looking for, age, location, body type, etc. And IF you follow their contact directions, and IF you include pics and a thought out email thats not a one liner.. Then YES it is rude for them not to respond even if they are not interested.

Ill tell you exactly how WE do it. We check email every couple weeks sometimes longer on here. So it builds up.

We have exactly what we are looking for and exactly what we want to know and see in a first email. Reason being. That will be our ONLY email on here.

Anyone we're interested in, our response to them is opening all our pics, and giving them an outside email that goes to my wifes phone. That she gets right away and answers right away.

We dont have any more interaction on here after that because it will probably be another couple/few weeks before we get on again.

So if you dont read our profile, and you dont include what we ask for, then we delete and move on very quick. No pic. Delete. One liner. Delete. Wayyyy out of our stated interest. Delete.

If you do match and do send what we ask for but we are just not interested for whatever reason, we do send a polite no thank you response. It would be rude not to.

We ask for pic in FIRST email or on profile. Again, we will decide from the first email whether we are interested.

We get a lot of people who write, and then say "If you are interested, Ill send a pic" They get deleted. We're not responding to ask for something we already asked for.

Or we get a pic with a blurred out face or some pic of a guys chest or something. Delete also.

I cant speak for what you do. You may be the exception. But the majority of guys who email us DONT follow those directions, so they have already been told in our profile we wont respond.

We have 2 standard responses.

1. Thank you but we're not compatible.

2. Hey, thanks for the email. We're interested and think we might be a match. We opened our pics up here for you. Since we dont make it on here much, please email us at xxxxxxxxx which we receive instantly so we can move forward.

So out of those 100 emails. 50 wont get a response 20 will get a rude response depending on my mood and if my wife gets distracted...haha 20 will get the "no thanks" response 10 will get the "contact us here" response

Out of those 10. 2 or 3 will contact us on that email.

The rest will send us another email on here. They will get deleted on the next go around.

Out of those 2 or 3. 2 will be pic collectors, or cammers, or too shy to meet in person and ONE will end up in our bed.

So 99 people will think we are fakes.

But we only started with 30 who were potentials, since they followed the directions. And we found 1/3 who we were interested in. That was 10 people. So 1/3 isnt bad.

If the rest had done the same. We likely would have had 1/3 or more of the 100. So 30 or more people would have gotten favorable responses.

We spend an hour a month on here together on average. And we go through 100 emails in one hour. It doesnt take any longer because we can delete most in the first 2 minutes. The rest of the time we spend looking at profiles, reading real responses, an responding back to.

So bottom line. Ifyou personally were local. And sent us a nice email with a face picture, we would respond, no thank you. Youre bi, looking for a couple, followed the directions, but are outside our age range. So a polite no thanks would be in order.

But miss one of those steps. Even if you were in our age range, an a perfect match, you wouldnt get a response.

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
No, I don't think they are. I think they should be. We're not talking about day-to-day interaction, we're talking about the most intimate interaction there is. The giving of one's body and the sharing of one's life companion. What else should create an environment where people are sensitive to others? Then again maybe I banged my head too hard and I'm confused! Ha!

Lafayette MS
Username hidden
(15 posts)
playtimetxcpl, exact-a-mundo!!!! You put it very distinctly from the viewpoint of someone who has been in the LS for awhile and is respectful.

What else can I say other than the next load of clothes is reading to go in and thanks..... :-)

Lafayette MS
Username hidden
(15 posts)
I disagree. We try to respond to every message we get. We do so even if it's a polite not interested. A couple of times, we explained to them nicely why we weren't interested or what was (or was lacking) in their profile that we didn't like. Sometimes we give them tips to finding people in the future based on what we hear from other couples.

But usually, it's just a polite "no" and we wish them well finding playmates elsewhere. We do so, because we would like the same done to us. Replies should become the standard, no the exception. If for nothing else, the person knows you didn't forget to respond to the message and doesn't feel bad wondering if they should contact you again or not.

Waco TX
Username hidden
(44 posts)
Too many times a polite rejection leads to harassing followup emails. It's not worth responding and running that risk.

Whitehouse Station NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
Akron, your statement reminds of the Rush song "Freewill"; "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice".

But if people are reminded of what is proper maybe a few will take the time to do the right thing. I guess I just have decent manners and refuse to treat people inconsiderately. I'm so special.... hahahaha

Lafayette MS
Username hidden
(15 posts)
Sorry, you ain't going to change people. No reponse IS a response.

Whitehouse Station NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
Hi all. I've been trying to decide which forum would be the best to post this in, and I guess this is as good as any and probably is more apropos.

Though I know patience is a virtue, and I don't mind being patient, what I DO mind are the inconsiderate people who provide no response WHATSOEVER. I mean, I know not all people are going to click, even if it is just an emai. However, at least say "no thank you", "you're not our type", "yeah, you are what we say we're looking for, but thanks, no thanks".

I mean how hard is it to reply? How hard is common decency? I thought this was a site for open-minded adults to find other like-minded adults. What I have found so far are people who may be open-minded (in their own minds) but far from being adults. Imagine people treating you this way in the "regular" world. You'd be pissed.

I'm not asking for a slew of offers to all of a sudden appear in my INBOX (though it would be nice, *smile*). All I'm asking is that if someone makes contact, whether you're interested or not, respond. Be adult and be respectful of others. And to the one person who all I did was compliment and had no intention on meeting up with, a simple "Thank you" would have sufficed.

Now if I may step down off of my soap box, I have laundry to do.

Lafayette MS
Username hidden
(15 posts)
Every single profile is real.

Just because they bail out on playing with us, does not make them not real. To say that they're fake would mean that we're simply jaded.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Lately we're real hit and miss on here with communication. I chat in the forums alone but dont interact with people unless we're together on here.

We both work long days 7 days a week lately. For me, I get back from a 12 hour day and im rearing to go. She on the other hand is ready for PJs and the couch. So I have considered taking down our profile or just wording it that we're not very active lately. But just when i go to do that, shes interested again.

The way we end up playing is that when we DO get on here to check email, the people we are really interested, we give a private email to and ask them to contact us there. That email goes to her phone and she does answer it. So when someone emails her there from here, we will tend to end up meeting them pretty quick because they will chat back and forth and thats when she'll call me during the day and say "so and so" wants to meet tonight, do ya wanna?

Well of course I do....lol

But most people dont take that step so we end up exchanging one email here every few weeks and it goes nowhere since we just dont make it on the site that often.

But we're up front about that too. When we respond to someone and i think its in our profile, that if we send you an alternate form of contact, please use that since we dont make it here often.

But like anything else, we'll do that, then come back to 5 emails from that person on here.

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 33   End
TOPIC: What's your estimate on percentage of real people here