Tips on enjoying first hotel party : Swingers Discussion 204466
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedTips on enjoying first hotel party
TOPIC: Tips on enjoying first hotel party
Created by: Hotsummernight
Original Starting post for this thread:
K and I are considering a hotel party this weekend. We've both decided that we prefer to get to know people first before any serious play (read: on a 2nd meeting) so going to the hotel party isn't for play, primarily.

We're considering it because so many people talk about how much more relaxed and fun these are compared to clubs. That's appealing and it would certainly mean we meet a ton more couples vs relying on SLS emails. But if we're not going expecting to play, is it worth it...

What are some tips and good/bad experiences from everyone who's been to these?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
We've been to several LS hotel takeovers and discovered that we both enjoyed watching and talking to other sex-positive people. Being able to walk around in sexy, skimpy clothing and getting positive responses from strangers always got my juices flowing. Even if we didn't find someone to play with, we always had hot sex together during and at the end of the evening. We have never been to a LS hotel party that wasn't occupying the entire hotel, so I can't speak to that.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9178 posts)
For us it's the other way around. Part of the reason that we don't do hotel parties.

Hotel parties, where you are in a situation where the organizers rented several rooms were huge pressure. There are way less people in those than parties with a dance area. In a hotel situation, there is no escape. People come to have sex even if they say that they do not and it's not high pressure.

We prefer the larger gatherings, with a large common area, where if you want to hook up you can go upstairs, or into a designated area. And you don't feel like a leper, because you didn't want to have sex with anyone.

Having said that, it might be different in your area, so take my advise for what it is, our experience :).

Good luck and enjoy.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17056 posts)
Not playing is an expectation.

You can have fun without playing at a hotel party.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
First off, reluctance is the exact right word. We've played on first dates. We've played at clubs. It's not a fear nor a hard-set rule. It's really just based on experience and building on that.

K (she) feels more comfortable when there are no assumptions. No expectations. J (he) likes the possibility, but knows from experience that pressure is deflating. Literally. Nothing serious, just us being in tune with what works.

And as I type this I realize all the tenets we enjoy in the LS - do what makes us comfortable. Period. Don't worry about others - most people totally respect our behavior. It should be fine - relax. Have fun. Talk. no really, have fun - you can't predict what other people will be like at any given party/club

We're probably over thinking things. Maybe a different question is in order:

Given we may not play, is a hotel party likely to be a good experience?

Roswell GA
Username hidden
(105 posts)
Why are you reluctant to play?

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
I would say a hotel party is just like any other party, some will play others will not. If they have reserved a "floor" of rooms for "playing" I would try to stay in the main area and avoid situations where your intent might be misconstrued. If you do venture to the "floor" to look around and someone approaches you to play a simple" We presently just want to enjoy the party, maybe later" is the best solution . Do not get into your rules about 2nd dates, getting to know people blah blah that could be seen as drama . The is absolutely no reason whatsoever to EVER explain yourself when it comes to playing or not. The less said the better. Check it out, mingle and have a great time.

Good Luck

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
K and I are considering a hotel party this weekend. We've both decided that we prefer to get to know people first before any serious play (read: on a 2nd meeting) so going to the hotel party isn't for play, primarily.

We're considering it because so many people talk about how much more relaxed and fun these are compared to clubs. That's appealing and it would certainly mean we meet a ton more couples vs relying on SLS emails. But if we're not going expecting to play, is it worth it...

What are some tips and good/bad experiences from everyone who's been to these?

Roswell GA
Username hidden
(105 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Tips on enjoying first hotel party