That first meeting : Swingers Discussion 2138261011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedThat first meeting
TOPIC: That first meeting
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 22   End
User Details are only visible to members.
That may be a cultural thing, too, as well as what time of day and under what circumstances one is meeting. We've had Saturday morning breakfast meetings, and while showered, shaved (everywhere one can hope), we wear good tight jeans, cowboy boots (both of us), some kind of pullover, etc. We've only had 2 meet-and-greets where we felt it was important to do dress pants and something more revealing for her. And then there's the one time we met a couple at their permanent place at a nudist resort (not LS friendly), where w/in 2 minutes we were all naked and sitting around w/ a drink, and spent the day at the resort enjoying the pool and volleyball, etc. Only time we played the same day that we met (in their trailer) because after whole day of being nude together, well, what the heck, no reason not to respond to the urges.

But we'd agree, anyone who looked like they were doing laundry, washing the car, or changing the oil and didn't clean up before meeting just doesn't get the concept of "first impressions" and doesn't seem to value their potential partners.

Trophy Club TX
Username hidden
(30 posts)
Yup! We keep waiting and waiting, but......

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
Now if only we could *find* the type of folks we'd prefer to play with!! LOL

Isn't that what we are all looking for?

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
@Nic - Hiya!! ;) That's a good way to look at it! They showed up showing their true selves. Not exactly the type of folks we prefer to play with.

Now if only we could *find* the type of folks we'd prefer to play with!! LOL

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
@thn - Exactly!!! I felt that this couple didn't care. Hubby and I give much thought about our appearance before meetings like this. We feel it is a show of respect..to them as well as ourselves. I LOVE looking across the table at my hubby and seeing how hot he looks. :)

And we won't even talk about what some couples show up to play in! Yikes...

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
@outdoors - We have children, too and still found time to take a shower and brush our hair. :)

Seeing as hubby and I are in this for the fun and "fantasy" of it, I'd like to see potential play partners at their best. I don't care what they do or look like day-to-day. We're going to be with them for a couple of hours...that's it.

But I guess it would be a different situation for people who are looking to "make friends" in this lifestyle and get to know others more personally. These people are visitors and we would have no contact with them afterwards anyways.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
Nice seeing yougain Wanna..and yes, you have every reason to expect people to show up showered and in clean clothes at the very least. I do treat every meet as a "date" and want to put my best foot (among other things) forward.

Couples who are slobs or lazy in making a first imprssion will only get worse so I guess you once again say, good thing they showed their true selves up front!

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12024 posts)
To the OP, we know exactly what you are saying. We see people in their "normal non/sexy" look all day long; co-workers and people in public for example. And we've met couples where the guy (or even single guys) wears a raggity sweat shirt and work boots or the woman has made no effort at all. Yuck.

When we go out we are clean, best-dressed, built for speed, and if there is a good connection we are ready to play. A lot of people say don't go in with expectations, well in this area we do.

If you (not you but people generally) are in this for sexy fun, don't give perspective playmates reasons to say "no thanks" before they get to know you.

The effort people put into getting ready for a potentially sexy night out is a reflection on how they feel about themselves.. or you. Having been to some meet and greets, house parties, club parties, and hotel parties this is starting to make us think that hotel parties work the best for us. People have plenty of time to check in, clean up, and be ready for fun.

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1187 posts)
WannaTry, nice to see you!

So the other couple has kids. That could explain a lot. Having been many times in the position of having to safely situate my kids, that alone may be stressful and/or time consuming. Getting all dolled up might add to the stress and certainly eats more time.

So you see, I'm trying to take the other party's side here a bit. When I meet someone, I'd like to be as relaxed as possible. If necessary, I might grab a 10 minute nap right before heading out.

Do you want to see potential playmates at their absolute best, or as they normally look? You may be better informed to see them in less than ideal form, and this goes for their behavior, as well.

Now I admit that I am a slob by some standards, and my "good" clothes may look like someone else's "work" clothes. We all have our priorities, and to me a person's superficial appearance is well down the list, after personality, humor, health...

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
@naughty - Thanks! And yes, the hunt continues. But for some reason, this last meeting just bugged the heck outta me. Hubby and I made time out of our day to get ready for the meet and try to look good.

Meanwhile, the other couple had actually eaten dinner at that same restaurant with their kids earlier that nite, had just taken the kids home and returned to the restaurant a few mins later to meet with us. ?!???!?! WTH?!??

I just don't understand people sometimes....

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 22   End
TOPIC: That first meeting