That first meeting : Swingers Discussion 213826
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedThat first meeting
TOPIC: That first meeting
Created by: WannaTry808
Original Starting post for this thread:
Last night hubby and I had yet another "lame" meeting with a couple.

The fact that there was no attraction is not a problem. They were nice people. And it was nice to get dressed up and get out of the house.

The thing that is starting to really *BUG* me about these meetings we keep having with people is that it seems like these other couples don't take the meeting seriously. Hubby and I take the time and make sure we are well dressed, well groomed and try very hard to present ourselves the best we can. This lifestyle is based on "looks", so we try to do the best with what we've got.

This other couple shows up in what looks like they had been wearing all day to go to the grocery store, shuttle kids back and forth, etc. No effort to look nice. I don't think they even brushed their hair!

WTH?!??! I'm getting so tired of this. Is this how it is for all of you??? Are *WE* taking this first meeting thing too seriously??? We weren't meeting at a black-tie event, but I kinda wish the other guy would have worn a clean t-shirt at least!

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 22   End
User Details are only visible to members.
@ bandp69 - Nope. *Very* few parties or M&G's here on Maui. And when someone does throw one, hardly anyone goes. Maui people are overwhelmingly discreet and private. It's a very small island and people are worried about their jobs and what their family would think. Kinda sad. So, we are basically stuck meeting people online.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(502 posts)
Not sure if club events are available in your location but some of the theme parties are very fun. People get a chance to dress up, show off and enjoy the show other provide. We almost always avoid one on one and prefer to meet new couples at a club.

Painesville OH
Username hidden
(153 posts)
Just, considering I was only about 12 years old....

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(499 posts)
SB...now that sounds like us.... we get kick out of making our own bets with each other, when we are with vanilla friends, sometimes would love to know what they ae thinking. LOL

Shamokin PA
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
DEF, there are quite a few people from our area on here...most of them flakes, but there are a few worth meeting. We don't really live IN Shamokin, but close enough to list it as our location.

Mrs. Curious grew up in Shamokin...and given our closeness in age, it's possible she bumped into you on one of your visits to your aunts.

Shamokin PA
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
Wanna - goal for 2013 is to visit my nephew on the "Big Island". Hmmmmm, side trip might be in the plans too?

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
For hubby and I, we rarely get the chance to go out, so when we do we like to have fun and dress up. It's for *us* just as much as it's for (hopefully) impressing the other couple.

So, even though our meeting with the other couple was a bust, hubby and I had fun checking out some other places in that part of town.

What we're finding is that the "idea" of meeting up with visitors to our island is more exciting than the actual meets. Visitors tend to be super flakey. But, I can't blame them. The're on *vacation*. What do they care?? They don't have to arrange for childcare, get up early for work the next day, etc.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(502 posts)
We always dress to impress when we go out to meet anyone. When we go out it is a night out for us, we hope that whomever we are going to meet shows up and is fun but, you never know. We always prepare for the best, have no expectations.

As an aside, just_curious, you are the first people we have seen from Shamokin. My mom was from there and I remember going there to visit relatives when I was a kid. My aunt lived on Tioga St.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(499 posts)
That sounds like it is going to be an awesome party...to bad we are to many states away :( As for meeting your hubby...that was priceless...any man that lets a woman win at a game of pool, grab him and keep him LOL

Shamokin PA
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
We agree, we always dress when going out. Whether to the club, bar or dinner. And when are meeting someone, we always dress, with the intention to play, because even if things don't click with who we are meeting, we are still gonna play with each other, either when we get home or pulling over on some side road. LOL That's the point of this LS...the fantasy, the taboo, so go all out and have fun.

Shamokin PA
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 22   End
TOPIC: That first meeting