Started, Stopped, Starting Again Maybe : Swingers Discussion 209741101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedStarted, Stopped, Starting Again Maybe
TOPIC: Started, Stopped, Starting Again Maybe
Created by: SRS_Swap
Original Starting post for this thread:
My wife and I agreed to go ahead and start contacting another couple. Contacted, set a tentative meet for a couple weeks out, and then my wife kind of freaked out and pulled the plug. That was fine with me because this is something she has to be 100% comfortable with. So now, a month later, she still says she's into it, and would completely go for it and knows we would love it, but is worried about trust issues (her job would frown upon extra-curricular activities like swinging) and she is afraid it will bring drama.

Long story short, we both REALLY want to, but what is the best way to insulate ourselves from drama and ensure we can trust any couples we ultimately play with? Thanks for any and all replies.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
If you have worries about running into co-workers then play out of town. Also, you might take a step back from trying to swap and just try to go to an event. You both like to dance, drink, and converse with other couples? Have your rules and you both do your best to adhere to them. We broke most of ours initially, but worked through the issues. Now we have just a few easy guidelines, lots of trust, and a whole lot of fun.

Oklahoma City OK
Username hidden
(239 posts)
I'd suggest that you pay attention to your instincts (not your fears) when choosing who to meet and/or play with. If something just doesn't smell right, it probably isn't right.

We don't have any issues about not playing locally, as we figure that others value discretion as much as we do and have just as much to lose by outing another swinging couple. If they out us, they out themselves too. LOL

Username hidden
(789 posts)
Don't worry too much about it. In15years we've run into exactly one acquaintance at a party - and they ran into us, too! All of us valued discretion, so we all were discreet.

Relax and enjoy!

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Welcome to the forums. First you meet a couple, and decide if they are worth your time, energy, and trust. Then you decide whether you are going to play.

Many folks here make it clear in advance that they are NOT playing on a first date. This may relieve some of the anxiety and the pressure. You're just meeting for a drink, or dinner, or whatever. With just the possibility of playing.

There's plenty of excitement and fun in just talking, and you likely would find yourselves flirting. And another reason to not expect to swing: You will likely often be disappointed in the real meeting, if you get your hopes up.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
My wife and I agreed to go ahead and start contacting another couple. Contacted, set a tentative meet for a couple weeks out, and then my wife kind of freaked out and pulled the plug. That was fine with me because this is something she has to be 100% comfortable with. So now, a month later, she still says she's into it, and would completely go for it and knows we would love it, but is worried about trust issues (her job would frown upon extra-curricular activities like swinging) and she is afraid it will bring drama.

Long story short, we both REALLY want to, but what is the best way to insulate ourselves from drama and ensure we can trust any couples we ultimately play with? Thanks for any and all replies.

Nashville TN
Username hidden
(1 post)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Started, Stopped, Starting Again Maybe